I went to a workshop today about integrating the arts into the classroom and got a little inspired. My grandfather is quite the painter, and I...did not inherit those genes. I bought everything to do a watercolor painting a couple months ago and got frustrated when I couldn't make my sketch of a photo I took "perfect".
However, this workshop made me realize that its not about perfection! And half the artists we looked at had as much talent as any one of my kindergarten students! So the first picture I'm going to show you is one we had to make at the workshop out of scrap papers. My DH told me to make him something and he loves his reptiles so I made a chameleon:
And then here is my watercolor rendition of the same chameleon:
And unfortunately I can't figure out how to turn the dern thing around...so you'll have to cock your head slightly (okay not so slightly) to the right...there ya go....see it now?
And everyone in unison says "WOW mommy wanna-be...that looks really good!"
LOL...thanks guys. I was thinking about writing a little poem or kids book about a chameleon...that could be fun. We'll see...
Fertility related (or lack thereof) good old AF showed up today...at least I'm plugging along on schedule...hooray! :o)
And I will leave you with that little tidbit of knowledge...hope your weekend is going well!





3 comments:
Really, those paintings do look great. Much better than I could have ever done. Good ole aunt flo, doesn't disappoint. Have a good weekend!
That is so cute!I love it! There is a Si.ps N Stro.kes near my mother's house that I would LOVE to go to when I visit her sometime.
The idea of the childrens book is cute- that is a good style for it...um, or so I imagine. :)
Those are super cute! Glad to hear an update!
Post a Comment