Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My babies are ONE!!

I can't believe its been a whole year! It didn't seem like it was flying by...but suddenly here we are...one year later! When you're right in the middle of it, it seems to stretch on forever...but we've gone from sleepless nights...breastfeeding...on to smiles...rice cereal....laughing...holding their heads up...formula...real food....crawling....signing...TALKING....pulling up....almost WALKING....what a busy busy year!!
I feel so blessed to be the woman they call "momma".

This sweet girl is so full of life. She is definitely a social butterfly and loves to smile and interact with everyone she meets. She can say a few things, but the two words I hear the most during the day are "duck" and "dog"...two of her most favorite things in the whole world! :o) She also can say "moo", "hot", "thank-you", "uh-oh", "ma-ma", "da-da", "bawk bawk" (its what a chicken says people) ;o) and THIS (another word I hear ALL day long, usually accompanied by her pointing at something!) :o)
She obviously is a crawler and got pretty quick pretty fast! She also can pull herself up...though this was only in the past couple of weeks...but she's getting really good at that too! She loves to walk if you hold her hands....she's very interested in walking so we'll see if that happens anytime soon!


This boy...oh this boy. He is just so cute...with that mouth full of teeth (the better to bite his sister with my dear!!!) ;o) He loves the song "if you're happy and you know it" and of course he will clap every time!! (Exhibit A: See above) He also is quite the little talker...he loves to say "duck" and every time he sees a duck he also has to say "Quack Quack". He says "this" but points with his whole hand instead of just one finger...like he's addressing the nation or something. He also says "ma-ma", melting my heart nearly every time.



He is crawling everywhere and getting into EVERYTHING....stairs...grass...concrete....no problem....climbing inside the toybox? No problem. He's all over the place and keepin' momma on her toes!!
Both kids just had their first sickness (and first fevers!) this past week (after I put them in the church nursery for the first time...figures) and poor Carter is still battling some bowel issues. Nothing like being on the B.R.A.T. diet for your first birthday!! Thankfully their party isn't til Sunday so he can eat all kinds of goodies then!
I need to head to bed because we have to go for our ONE YEAR checkup at the pediatrician tomorrow....but I wanted to post on this special day.
I started this blog as an infertile. And here I am quite far on the other side...still not believing how blessed I am. What an amazing year...full of memories I will cherish forever.
I love you Carter and Caelyn...you have filled my life with joy I never knew was possible.





8 comments:

Nichole said...

Love the pictures! Happy birthday sweet ones! :o)

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday Carter and Caelyn! It's hard to believe how fast life changes! They are absolutely adorable :).

Hayley said...

Oh my goodness! This year did go by fast...seems like you just had them! Happy FIRST Birthday C&C!!! They are just as precious as can be! Congrats for surviving the first year with TWINS!!!

Once Upon A Time said...

Happy birthday Carter and Caelyn! I love the pictures with the daffodils- seeing as we had a snow day today and I just finished shoveling our driveway, I'm insanely jealous of your warmer spring weather!

Marie W said...

Already??????? Happy Birthday Carter and Caelyn!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your precious little ones. I am so happy to hear an update and that they are doing so well (but of course, what else is expected???) What a year it's been! I'm impressed with how much both of your babies are talking.

Anonymous said...

WhAt CuTiEs!! Happy Birthday, Carter and Caelyn!! Aren't they so fun at that age?! Enjoy!!

Unknown said...

Making Money on Website Online casino

viva9988 The website is open to the public. The fun turns the locals into billionaires overnight, because online gambling is not a pleasure anymore because every time a player bets on an online casino game, the bettor will Knowing how to make money from playing online casino games is very easy.

If you are a gambler, you will be able to play online gambling games only. You will know that making money from online gambling games is not difficult for gamers. Fun and risk-free new online game that will give players the opportunity to experience the fun and open the fun with the players. Day around the world

By playing online gambling games in the current period, most popular players love to play online gambling games through the broadcast system. The new format makes playing online gambling more enjoyable and fun, and now risk gamers can play online games online 24 hours a day via the web. จีคลับ