My pain that is...oh nelly...it hurts.
I was limping around all day...and almost thought about calling my doctor. I don't know if its just regular pregnancy pain from my body being stretched to the max in a very fast forward manner, or if this is something to be concerned about. I hear a lot of preggo gals complaining about hip pain so I'm probably just feeling some normal pregnancy discomfort.
Lifting my leg to pull on pants hurts....getting up from a sitting position hurts...walking hurts. Ugh. And my aid, who is a twin mom, said..."I wish I could tell you its going to get better...but its just going to get worse"...oh boy.
I asked my mom yesterday if this really was going to work....can a woman's body REALLY stretch out to hold two babies...is my skin going to rip and little babies come flying out...
My mother assured me that no...they will be fine....yes...my body can do this.
Man, I feel stretched to the max though!
But each little kick inside my body (okay...they're starting to be BIG kicks) reminds me of why I feel this way...and its worth it.
But I may not being working through my third trimester if I can help it!! :o) My Kindergarteners have to get EVERYTHING for me...I drop a paper, I need something across the room...they get it....and they love helping the teacher so thats good. I may miss this class a little bit when I'm gone...they're a bunch of sweeties for the most part!
We have decided to adopt out our biggest dog, the Chesapeake Bay Retriever....that breed just has so much energy and we do not and definitely WILL not have enough time to give him the attention that he needs. We are going to take him to meet a family who's Chesapeake just died last year so they know how to handle him. Plus they have three boys, so Coastie will absolutely be in heaven! We'll see if Coastie thinks they are a good fit!
We still have two dogs and two cats...and then two kids....wow....but the other two dogs are small and easy to exercise. I feel bad passing Coastie on...but I know its for the best.
Can't believe next week is Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My baby shower (YES....I AM HAVING A BABY SHOWER....WOW) is going to be on December 30th. I am so excited. I never thought this day would come! We are having it early for several reasons (just in case I go on bedrest etc etc) but the main one is that DH's out of town family and my family will be in town for Christmas, so that would be the only time they'd be able to attend unless we have it after the babies arrive!
It should be fun because its mostly going to be family and people who know what we've been through to get this far (no questions like "do twins run in the family?" and "oh are they identical?" yeah...I've gotten that last one twice now....HOW WOULD THEY BE IDENTICAL IF I JUST TOLD YOU THEY ARE A BOY AND A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!??????????) Unbelievable. Yeah they're identical except for their private areas. Nice. :o)
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





4 comments:
Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I've had those stupid hip pains more than I haven't this pregnancy. I have to roll over almost ever hour because the hip I'm laying on hurts so bad. You can do it though and so can your body. I'm almost 34 wks and I'm to the point I haven't even given birth and I think my body is the most amazing thing ever! Keep smilin!
Ha! The identical comment cracks me up! People always ask me if twins run in my family, I am able to say yes because my great grandma was a twin. I have had strangers flat out ask me if I did fertility treatments. I just tell them no since it's none of their biz...
And I know exactly how you are feeling. Josh and I went out this weekend and I was hobbling around Target like an old lady LOL. My boy is right between my hips and I can feel him stretch so much, and it hurts! I have been feeling the hip pain for a few weeks now. Josh now helps me put my shoes on too LOL!
Sorry you have to give away your Chessie :( My Molly is a Chessie/Lab mix. She's surprisingly mellow, mostly because when Josh and I were both working she slept thru the day.
It's so interesting that we are having similar experiences with our pregnancies! I don't know if you are having any acid reflux, but my dr told me Maalox tablets are perfectly safe. They have been lifesavers at bedtime!
Sorry to hear about the pain. I'm assuming it is perfectly normal, but probably greatly enhanced due to the fact you are carrying two precious babies. Are you able to take any pain meds? And have fun at your shower. Hope you get lots and lots of darling things.
Ouch! I have had a little bit of hip pain, but not until mid 30w, I guess everything does happen sooner with twins! Heating pad, hot bath, tylenol, stretching the hips all helps. You should talk to your OB as well, sometimes PT is necessary. Hope it gets better for you!
Your shower is soooo close! How exciting. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Post a Comment