Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wow....

Really didn't know what to title this post. I didn't want to say that it was weird...but it is. Here's the scoop...

I had this friend in high school, we went to the same church, same youth group and everything. Haven't talked to her since I left for college. I've heard through the grapevine that she is now a missionary. I didn't realize it, but she's my friend on Facebook. I do NOT post anything IF related on Facebook...just mainly pictures of all my dogs! ;o)

So I get this message from her yesterday, through Facebook, and it says:

Hi,

You've been on my mind lately so what else do you do with that but pray. So dear you have been in my prayers. I pray that you are encouraged through whatever hardships you may be experiencing in life right now....you do have the gift of nurturing. I experienced that being your friend in highschool...... I just want to stand with you and recognize that you have wonderful qualities for being a mother and that God sees this and hears this in your heart.....This has just been in my heart hope I'm not too off base....and that it does encourage you for that was my goal in sending this message.

Love,
E

HUH?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did she know??!! I called my parents (they still talk to her mom) and asked if they had shared my IF struggles with her mom (which I wouldn't have been too happy about!) but they said that they hadn't.....so pretty much God laid my problem...little insignificant, speck of dust me....He laid MY problem on an old friend's heart so that she would pray for me. WOW.

Its so weird because just the other day when I was reading that Luke verse... I was thinking about how scared Mary must have been when an angel suddenly appeared to her...I was like "God...I don't know what I would do if an angel appeared in my bedroom right now...I'd freak out!!!"

But the fact that E knew what I was struggling with...well I'm a bit freaked out. In a good way...but still freaking.

Maybe she's my angel. Maybe God is using her to say "Look, I haven't forgotten about you. I see your tears. I know you're frustrated. But my timing is perfect...be patient."

Wow.

6 comments:

ME! said...

Wow. That is a great title for this post. How amazing!!! That is wonderful that you have her praying for you, and I think it is amazing when someone you don't really talk to feels God's whisper for them to pray for you. :) I am RIGHT there with you on not putting anything IF related on Facebook. My husband is kinda well known in the community b/c of his job and he would FREAK OUT!! I had to block my profile for this reason so my other blog wouldn't be linked (IRL people finding this one..I don't really care the other way around as long as they don't talk IF).

Just Believing said...

Wow that is so amazing and so beautiful! YOu know whats funny when we got our good " no costs" news I felt like God was literally next to me. Like I had seen an angel and I was freaking out, in a I am so small and the Lord is so wonderful and mighty! Isnt it a great feeling how God works in ways we wouldnt ever think! Thinking about you!

ashley said...

That post gave me chills. That is so amazing. I wouldn't have been able to title your post anything but "WOW" either.

Emily said...

Wow is right! Amazing...

Ashley said...

WOW!!! God works in mysterious ways:)

Chris Goeppner said...

Hi!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I checked yours out. Have you started the adoption process? It can be such a hard and long process but well worth it in the end. I'll be praying for you and your future family.
By the way, what happened with that adorable puppy? Why did you have to give it away?
Blessings,
Penny