Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Cabbage leaves...

are my friend.

Those dern clogged ducts...I had two...one probably the size of a golf ball and one like a ping pong ball..in one breast. OW. I was massaging and showering...feeding and pumping....sobbing and groaning. It was not good...I had 3 hours of sleep in a 40 hour stretch....I was going insane. It was so hard to take care of babies....and take time out of what little time I had to sleep to try to get rid of these things!!

Finally yesterday someone told me to try cabbage leaves...just stick 'em in your bra. Well...crazy as it sounded I was desperate...so all last night and most of today I rocked the cabbage leaves...and the biggest clog is GONE!!!!!!!!!! Could it be the cabbage worked??!!! I'm going to say so!! And the ping pong ball sized one seems to be less sensitive....maybe it'll be on the way out with the next feeding!!! HOORAY HOORAY!!!

I was wondering what women did when there was no medication for this type of stuff....like did they just die??!

Cabbage leaves.

Must have been in every nursing mother's garden.

I guarentee it.

:o)

6 comments:

Debbs said...

I don't have children but I have high Prolactin levels ( which cause Breast problems) and yes the Cabbage leaves work. I've used them many times. If you beat you cabbage leaves and then place them on the breast it works better, something to do with the acid from the cabbage.

jenicini said...

Go cabbage palooza! I'm so glad you found relief!

Ashley said...

My friend gave birth in Germany and that's what they do in the hospitals! She also said to beat them before you do it. I'm glad you found someone who knew about that!

Jennifer said...

I've heard of that before, but was skeptical. I'm happy to hear that it worked for you and I'm praying that I never need it.

D said...

Just warning you -- cabbage leaves are also used to dry up milk supply so be careful!

From a lactation consultant in NC.

suzannehayeshouse.blogspot.com/ said...

My sister used the Cabbage leaves also... she liked them chilled first... but, she did use them when she was trying to dry up... so do becareful... :-)