Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Acupuncture is....

BOOOORRINGGG. He put the needles in, told me "goodnight" and turned out the light. The music was soothing and everything...but I had things to do...people to see and my mind would not relax! Plus I had needles in my foot, ankle (OUCHIE on that one...like a bee sting), shin, lower back, back of my neck, forehead stomach, and both my arms...a little freaky.

Can't say I feel any different...maybe I'm more relaxed I dont' know...I feel REALLY tired but I don't think that's because I'm relaxed, I think its because I was up early yesterday to get my CD3 bloodwork, then off to acupuncture, then deep cleaning (scrubbing, steam cleaning, folding, washing...etc etc...) my house because my aunt, uncle and cousin flew in last night. Since its been so stinkin' hot (especially yesterday) the top floor of my house does not want to cool down so I bought a couple oscillating fans. I put one in my bedroom while I was sleeping and I think that may have contributed to a wonderfully uninteruppted night of sleep...I love white noise...can't sleep without it.

All that to say...maybe the acupuncture helped me relax enough to not toss and turn all night...or maybe a combination of things.

My acupuncturist was very nice...said it was good that I was coming in because it increases the success rates of IVF (of course he thinks its good...I'm paying him!) :o) He told me that it does not increase the success rate to 100% so don't be disappointed if it doesn't work (thanks...I'll do my best...). He said that the chinese believe that we are put on the earth to do the best we can, but that someone else (as he points to the ceiling) is controlling what happens in the end. So I guess he is a believer...in some higher power...which is cool. :o)

ANYHOO...started BC last night...really hard for me to do. My body was like NOOOOOOOOOOOO PUT THE PILL DOWN!!! THIS GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING YOU ARE TRYING TO DO!!!!!!!

I had to distract myself and swallow it quickly. (WHAT WAS THAT OVER THERE???!!! GULP)

DH still needs to get his bloodwork done...and I need to make a pap appointment...which I keep forgetting to do...hey...my little sister is getting married next weekend...I'm a little distracted!!

Like I said my Aunt and Uncle and cousin flew in last night...my cousin is 3 and he is a little ball of energy!!! He's the first kid to get into our newly refinished tub...it was nice to see tub toys scattered all over the bathroom...nothing better than tub time!!

We have these spray bottles that are stationed at each corner of our new couches (my cat loves to scratch on them...so we spray him)...well my cousin quickly decided that they were firefighter hoses and we had a "fire" on all the decor in the living room....nice....Cousin J (me) quickly decided that the "fire" was not inside...but it was actually out on the deck...thank goodness he believed me... :o) Kids are too funny. I'm realizing how NOT kid proof my house is...I think he'll have to hang out with me in the furniture stores for a couple hours before we invest in anything else new!!! Its amazing what kids will come up with!

I'm just realizing that my dogs really have been preparing me for having children...kids are very similar to dogs..they eat, sleep, poop and chew things up!! :o)

Good times.

Sorry to keep blabbing...I'm trying to avoid cleaning something else....ugh....

3 comments:

ashley said...

Goodness, if it wasn't the acupuncture that wore you out it was all that cleaning and entertaining family that you did. I'd be tired too. I bet it's a little weird taking birth control to try to have a baby. The crazy things we women have to do. Have a great rest of the weekend!

IVF Again! said...

Hey! I'm so glad we are pretty much on the same schedule. That's so exciting! Let's be IVF buddies.

I hope we get BFPs together too.

IVF Again! said...

Are you getting a SonoHSG or Trial Transfer?