After reading the comments on my last post I was a bit taken aback...and a bit freaked out. I've never had someone comment with such...enthusiasm. Enthusiasm that I appreciate....I think that we need to challenge eachother's thinking so that we are considering all the angles before we make a decision. IF can be so emotionally driven, its easy to just focus on the end result and the obvious "wisdom" of our RE.
So I did what my previous RE said and "googled it". (Not that I hadn't before...when he told me to research endo, I sure did!) This time I had more of a focus on the IVF aspect and how people with endo/endometriomas respond to IVF.
Here are the conclusions I came to...though they may not be 100% perfect, I feel like they make sense to me...and are backed up by the research articles I checked out...
1) Having endometriomas will decrease my chance of getting pregnant...not by much...but it will.
2) IVF is a smart choice for women with endo
3) Surgery is not always the answer right away. Scarring can occur and also it can get worse, making the organs and everything bind together.
4) Removing the endometriomas is not necessary at this point, though they may make me produce less eggs on that side, I still have one good ovary workin' for me! I may only produce 12 eggs (or less), but that's okay! Plus removing endometriomas could remove parts of my ovary and some egg making follicles.
So pretty much the research I did backed up my doctor. I have three free tries of IVF with my insurance, so I figure...lets use those...and if surgery needs to be done after (which I'm sure its in my future sometime!) then lets take care of that.
This is not a decision I'm taking lightly. It is one that is hopefully well-educated and also is being prayerfully considered. I am praying that God will make His will very clear...I am reading books about IVF and doing my research. So far I feel at peace with this decision. Thankfully its not one that has to be made until the end of June...so I have a while to consider my options!
On a LIGHTER note.......... :o)
My mom is flying in today from the other side of the country! YAY! My sister's wedding is at the end of this month and mom has lots of preparation to do...so I'd better continue cleaning my house...I always get nervous when mom comes. I don't know why...she saw my room when I was growing up and knows I'm NOT a clean freak. (and you all saw my closet and know I'm not a clean freak!) :o)
I dunno...maybe I just want to show mom that yeah...I'm taking care of myself...you taught me well. :o)
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





4 comments:
So glad you did your own research! The comment about frozen embryos really rubbed me wrong - would she prefer we transfer them all and risk dangerous HOM pregnancies? Perhaps we should destroy life and discard them without ever giving them a chance at life? Grrrr! If it wasn't for my frosties, I am not sure I would be expecting my little miracle...
I have seen many endo girls have wonderful outcomes with IVF.
Is Dr M ordering any more testing?
You're a smart girl and we all know you will do what is best for you and your husband. I guess you just take other's "opinions" with a grain of salt. And it is more than awesome that your insurance covers three IVF cycles. That's amazing. Take care!
e free IVF's that is incredible insurance!!!!!!!!!
Wow. The comment about the frozen embryo was a doozy. Good thing ou did your own research. Best of luck to you with what ever you decide.
Post a Comment