Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 1, 2009

LOVE LOVE LOVE

MY NEW DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...I really didn't know how bad I had it over at the old place....these people are AMAZING!!!!

Poor DH just came off the night shift so he wasn't feeling so hot, but we drove over early this morning for our appointment. I was so nervous and excited and tired and when we finally met the Dr. I blurted out:

"I'm just so excited to meet you! I actually nannied for two of your...uh...er...PRODUCTS....last summer!!"

I am a freak. Who says that?????????????

Me.

Okay. Moving on to the more positive aspects of the appointment.

He sat us right down, asked what we had done with the old RE and then got out two white peices of printer paper. He said that he wanted to talk to me about endometriosis and he's sorry if he bores us but he wants to just let us know what he knows about it.

(note: old RE said, "I think you have endo. Are you a googling girl? You look like one. Google it. Then let me know if you have any other questions." Any red flags going off??? I was so naive...)

So he draws this sketch of the reproductive system and talks about what endo is doing for my fertility and then draws another sketch talking about the IUI and IVF...this guy was so thorough and a great teacher!!!!!

Normal gals have a 90% chance of getting preggo in the first year. Endo gals have a 90% chance too...but over FIVE years....marvelous.

Therefore, endo gals have a lot of PATIENCE.

He basically said that IVF is going to be our best bet because it helps us to bypass all the potentially negative effects of the endo and safely put my little guy where it needs to go. He also said that he would only put in one blast because I am so young and everything looks great. (DH was actually disappointed...he wants twins!!!!!!!!) :o) Then we would freeze the rest because each time they make me put all those hormones into me, its actually feeding my endo. So if we can bypass doing that and just put the frozen ones in, it'll be better for me in the long run. And he said that pregnancy is a great thing for helping squelch endo so as my Dr. he thinks its in my best interest to get me pregnant. (GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!)

BTW he said that since I have the endometriomas on my ovary that I have stage IV endo. Wow. I really thought I would be stage I or II because I only have pain every once in a while, and not ALL the time...who knew?

So here's the game plan!

1. Call on CD1
2. Bloodwork CD3
3. Go on birth control for hopefully just a month...waiting for my insurance to clear
4. ???????????????????IVF??????????????????????

Unfortunately my last cycle started on April 20...so I've got a little bit to wait. But if the IVF works one of the first couple times I would be due (oh I hate doing these little hopefuly scenarios...they have brought me nothing but pain in the past...but bear with me for a second) spring or early summer which is PERFECT because I'll be off work!! Lots of my coworkers have their babies in April and then take maternity leave right into the summer...that would be wonderful!

Praise God for a RE who seems to actually care about my situation! I'm still scared even though the RE sounded quite positive about our outcome...but I know that the God who was carrying me when I was crying myself to sleep will still be with me as I embark on this new path.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

That's awesome. IT's so IMPORTANT to like your RE. I hope everything works out well!!

Marie W said...

Great appointment! I was on pins and needles for you. I trust that everything will work out well.

Just Believing said...

Yeah! A awesome RE is so incredibly important to have! So happy to hear!!! Maybe we'll be IVf partners ( or were adoptnig who the heck knows at any given point lol)

ashley said...

Now that's the kind of doctor you needed. Everything sounds so promising. I'm really excited for you!!!

Emily said...

I knew you would love Dr. M! He is so helpful and he really is a teacher. He loves those little drawings of his. I am so happy that you have knowledge and a plan! So excited for you! Keep me posted...

Anonymous said...

i think he made those stats up, i have never ever read that - women with endo who have excision surgery have a better chance of getting pregant

if you go to a napro doc, you'll chart, test hormones, and possibly supplement with progesterone

a lot of docs (re's and ob/gyns ) say they are endo specialists and they are NOT

Painful sex / bowel movements can be related to endo in the cul-de-sac / pouch of douglas, located between the rectum and vagina.

These are some great sites, surgery can help. Endo can get worse without surgery :(

centerforendo.com (they're great!)

endometriosissurgeon.com

endoexcision.com

pelvicpain.com

endo-resolved.com

erc.activboard.com/

endo101.com

johnleemd.com

endometriosis.org

naprotechnology.com

fertilitycare.org

http://www.womensinternational.com/ask_a_pharmacist.html

http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/supplements.html

http://www.pelvicpain.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=383

Anonymous said...

i actually believe he lied to you, although he may believe what he says to you

women with endo can often get pregnant, but them miscarry :(

please please look into excision surgery, and ask the opinion of an expert, esp if you have pain

also, see padma's story, endofound.org

Anonymous said...

i don't understand people who freeze their embryos - you're leaving human beings in suspension

endometriomas often do indicate deep endo, even if you don't have more pain...please do more research and look into this...i had chocolate cysts removed from my ovaries, the endo was eating into my ovary....

look at naprotechnology.com, under surgery and you will see photos of what surgeons can do...too many docs rely on strange medicine for conception, and make their money this way, when their are other simpler more effective things to do

endo does get worse, it becomes more invasive

google, as the first doc said, where you know enough to ask this doc tough questions

ME! said...

YEAH!!!I am so glad you like your new RE!! What a blessing to have someone you trust..and have seen his PRODUCTS!! :) I don't know how I would have phrased it either. :)

Thank you for all your sweet and encouraging words on my last post. I am just getting back into the swing of things.I was on a hiatus. :)
Thanks again girl- I don't know what I would do without all you!!

ha- word verification:Cling. :)