Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

25 weeks! Blab post...

Here we are at 25 weeks already!! Hard to believe. I'm definitely getting nice and uncomfortable...and those kicks are getting stronger and stronger by the minute!

I decided to do a blab post (full of words!!) and a picture post because I have so much to say....and lots of different pictures. And I didn't feel like fooling around with blogger when it gets so finicky with lots of text and photos.... :o)

I had an appointment with the specialist today. Both kids are measuring right on target...both 1lb 12oz. My cervix is still nice and long....cervix of steel they said today. Hmmm...hope it stays that way for a few more months! Especially since baby girl's head is right on it!

I actually got to meet the head doctor (I don't know if he's actually the "head" doctor...but he's been there the longest and whenever we talk about going to this place we always say his name...I dunno why...) and he was SOOOO nice...I really really liked him.

He was checking around and said "Do you know what you're having?"

I told him "Yes a boy and a girl"

He looked at me and raised his eyebrows........with a really loooong pause....

I started freaking out..."WHAT??? IS SHE A BOY????"

He started to laugh and said he just wanted to give me a little scare!!!

What in the world???!!! :o)

I told him we'd bought way too much pink for him to go around making jokes like that!! But he was so nice and kindhearted I couldn't stay mad at him for long. He said that I was doing exceptionally well for a twin pregnancy and that usually now is when they start to see some problems arise so he was very pleased with my progress. Then he said "I'll see you in four weeks!".

I was a little surprised about that because I thought since my OB sees me every two weeks now he'd want to do the same, but he said that everything looked fine so we could wait that long.

A lot can happen in four weeks! Hopefully everything will stay nice and quiet in there!

When they were scanning the kiddos the gal was digging the sonogram thingy way into my hip to get the girl's pictures....and then digging way into my ribs for the boy's pictures! OWWWW...girlfriend...that is BONE...it ain't going ANYWHERE!! That was not fun....and it was interesting because when we started scanning the boy's head was to the right of my belly button (if you're facing me) and then we scanned the girl and came back to him and his head was on the left!!! I didn't even feel him spin and didn't think he'd have enough room to do that!

Another thing that was fun was I could actually see him punching me in the belly button...and FEEL him punching me at the same time. It was fun to see what was going on ...definitely a little boxer in there!

My parents just left for their side of the country on Tuesday...they had a nice week long stay. Mom definitely spoiled me...so did dad. :o) Mom washed almost all of the clothes I got at the baby shower and put them all away...hubby put in a lovely closet organizer so we could organize what we got at the shower...wow do I feel ready for babies!!! Well...almost...I took a picture of the crib side of the room so that you could see that we definitely aren't there YET!!!

I feel like we're getting all this done WAY early....but at the same time...with the unpredictability of twin pregnancies...I want to try to get as much done as I can while I can!! Plus...nesting is kindof fun! :o)

All this getting done has made me a bit nervous too. My friend just had a baby...she's one month old today actually. And my friend is soooo exhausted and has a hard time going anywhere....and breastfeeding is just a nightmare.

Whenever she talks about baby stuff I think to myself...I'm going to go through all this....times two. And after a month...my mom won't be here...and hubby will go back to work (he works nights)...and I'll be doing this...BY MYSELF....

One me.

Two them.

Hmmmmm....

I'm just getting plain scared. Twin mommies...how did you do it???? Did you have people come and help you throughout those first three months?? I read your blogs and I see that your kids are happy and you're still smiling (and looking quite beautiful and showered and put together I might add!!!)...so it must work....or at least get better as they get older!!!

Allright...I'm going to load some pictures now!! :o)

6 comments:

Denecia said...

You have such an amazing mommy. Be grateful, girl. My mom is not maternal at all and that has been my biggest struggle through this whole process. Thank God for friends and other family members who are able to help me more. I think you will be wonderful when both babies arrive. I am just practicing a positive attitude (well, except for today..i was pissy. lol). The nursery looks amazing! I am so jealous you get to do all the nesting bc I am stuck here on the couch while the world goes on around me. being lazy totally lets me feel the kiddos more often, though, which is nice. Looking forward to our dinner date!

Marie W said...

I am so rejoicing for you right now! God is good. I am glad everyone is doing well!

jenicini said...

I'm so excited for you! The fact that the doctor scared the pants off of you....classic! You juggle many five year-olds at the same time...I think you'll do just fine with the two of them. {hugs}

Krisy said...

long time lurker here and mommy of 3 week old twins. You are doing amazing with the pregnancy and im so happy your cervix is holding strong!!! To answer your question...somehow you just manage to to take care of them. My hubby works night and i am alone all night feeding them. The lack of sleep is the worst part but i do manage to get sleep in about 2-3hr incriments! I'm here to answer any questions you may have!!!

Little's said...

First time reader of your blog:) I am so happy things are going well. My twins (boy/girl) are 2 years now. My husband also works nights so it was a little tough at first but it very easily becomes routine. My twins were born at 33w5days so they were in the hospital for 3 weeks. I was never able to breast feed but I did pump. For the first month of them home I would pump, feed them, change them....sleep 45 minutes and then do it again. I put them on a 3 hour feeding schedule so by the time I pumped fed and changed them...it took about 2 hours!!! It was a little rough but I adjusted fairly quickly. Once my husband got home in the morning...I would take an hour or two nap. You will do GREAT!!

Once Upon A Time said...

You may feel like you are getting things done way early now... but just wait! Almost overnight it will change completely and you will feel like there's a million things left to do! :) You are lucky to have such an awesome mom. It just means even more that you are going to be an awesome mom to your little ones. Somehow it is just going to all work out... for both of us. :)