I had my first run in with pretty swollen feet yesterday...though I've seen some of the other twin gal's blogs and I know I haven't seen anything yet...but I'm used to seeing my ankles...and that was not the case yesterday. I think I overdid it a little bit yesterday...I guess because I go to my OB on Monday and I'm always worried that they're going to tell me "Okay...bedrest for you"...so I'm like "WHAT DO I NEED TO GET DONE RIGHT NOW!!??"
I did actually get a pedi yesterday...and noticed that my feet were slightly swollen then...but I thought maybe the nice massage would work some of the blood out of them. Guess not.
Yesterday I returned some duplicates that we received from our shower...and I bought some onesies and socks...two things my mom mentioned that I may need more of. Now I think they are set! I also ended up getting our diaper changing pad with the extra money. When I went to take the pad off my registry I noticed that a few more items have been purchased...I'm thinking my work shower may be coming up. I don't know why I'm kindof nervous about it...I don't love being the center of attention...well...at work anyways. But it should be fun!
On Friday DH and I went over to my friend Denecia's house (fellow twin mommy! She's one day more preggo than I am...with twin girls!!) for dinner. She is unfortunately on bedrest...but she and the babies are doing well!
So here we both are at 26 weeks! :o)
Our bellies actually measure the same all the way around...and our kiddos have generally been measuring the same as well (they are BIG!!) :o) Hers are both a little over two lbs right now...so I'm guessing mine are about the same...oh boy! That's a lot of baby in there!
Well its raining today...so I'm going to lay low...and try to take a nap today...I am having a lot of trouble sleeping. I just toss and turn and pee all night...I can't get comfortable. Then the kiddos wake me up with some super kicks and some....I don't know how to describe it...like it feels like they are just spinning around in there. Seriously its like an alien invasion. And baby girl's foot made some serious contact with my rib cage this morning...I had my eyes closed (trying to get back to sleep) and my hand on my belly. I felt her foot slide up the side of my belly and WHAM right into the rib cage...my eyes FLEW open..OUCH!!!! Take it easy in there little one...you're only two lbs and packin' that much power...??? Momma is scared. *wink*
While I sit here and ramble on and on I do want to say that I'm praying for you blog gals...it seems like a lot of you are hurting right now...some have some big decisions to make...others are hoping for their miracles...I pray that God will give you the strength to continue on this journey...and that He will make His (TOTALLY AMAZING) plans for you known very soon.





8 comments:
I didn't even see the swolleness because I was impressed that your nails were painted. Hope your ob appointment goes well!
Ugh- those feet! I have been blessed with little swollenness so far- I'm crossing my fingers that continues! I hope yours don't come back for a while. Keep those feet up as much as possible! :)
You look great in your picture, as always. :) Do you know when your work shower will be? Mine is Jan 28th- and I know they got me a co-sleeper, two mobiles, and lots of bottles for sure.
To answer your question, my perinatologist won't let me go past 38 weeks (I hit 38 weeks March 14th). I have a slight feeling they will be here in February though, which makes me a little worried...
yea...more details about the OB appt! :) i look like suuuuch a bum in that photo...lol! I can't wait to have the energy to style my hair & do my make-up again -or will i ever have the energy to do it again?!?! haha!
Your toes look so cute.
Thank you for dinner & the visit :) We had a really great time!
xoxo
Cute pic!! Sorry about the swollen piggys! I did not have this at all during pregnancy, but after delivery, my feet were HUGE. Hope your swelling stays down!
I know I don't always leave you a comment. I guess that makes me a lurker. But, I always read your posts. I am so excited for you and get happier as each day passes and brings you closer to two healthy babies.
You are doing so good. I did the same as you thinking I had to get things done because bed rest was around the corner. Just take it easy anyways, it does wonders for the little ones. I remember those sleepness nights and I hate to break it to ya, when the babes come it just turns into more sleepless nights except it's way more worth it when they're here. Just think if you go on bed rest you won't have swollen feet! I think that's the only reason I didn't swell up and every doc appt the last 2 months the nurses always commented on my nice ankles! lol! Take care and keep smilin!
Ouch! I hate swollen hands or feet, so I am not envying you that! I hope your appointment goes well! You look adorable (as always) in your picture. :)
You both look fabulous and your little piggies look extra cute!
We're headed to our final scan before the trigger tonight. Keep those pics coming! You are THE cutest thing!
Post a Comment