Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pregnant face...

First of all..isn't that the cutest....DH and I went to a newborn care class yesterday at the hospital and they gave us two babies to work with....and they were anatomically correct babies too!!! They even had POOPY diapers that we had to change...though it smelled quite delicious...like Hersheys.

We learned a lot about taking care of our kiddos...we got to bathe our dolls in a tub, and give them a sponge bath. We learned about how when little boys get circumcised you'd better remember the vaseline or his little wound will get stuck to the side of the diaper and it will tear the skin! OUCH. We swaddled and shushed like the best of them yesterday. It was kindof fun...and very informative.

Next weekend we go a multiples class so that should be even more fun...plus I wonder how many people will be there...and who will say "Oh, you guys just have TWO? We have FOUR" Yikes...!

I was reading Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy last night...though I've read it before while not pregnant, I keep meaning to read it while pregnant. I opened to a random chapter...and it happened to be on swelling...she talked about all kinds of swelling...hands, feet etc...but then she talked about pregnant face. She said she knew a girl whos face got more swollen and misshapen and even her nose got wider.

I think I have pregnant face. I mean...I look at my face in pictures...and I just know its gotten bigger...weird. My smile doesn't look quite the same...my nose doesn't look quite the same. Hmmm...hopefully "pregnant face" goes away after you're pregnant!! Well here's a little 28 week pregnant face for you...out in the snow! Why does it have to snow on SATURDAY??!!!!!! What's wrong with Monday....or any other work day :o)
I feel like I look like I'm smuggling something in my sweatshirt... :o) DH said the sweatshirt conceals some of the belly so he had me flip up the sweatshirt in the first shot.

Oh and here's the link for the diaper bag we got....http://http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=19022&site=CI&cm_mmc=cse-_-nextag-_-diaper_bags-_-SZ-033&srccode=cii_9324560&cpncode=23-73729551-2 We actually bought it from am.a.zon but I like this website because the pictures are better...and it shows all the colors it can come in. Its a bit smaller than I was expecting...but looks like it can expand to hold lots of stuff. I may try to load it up and see if I really like it. I had my work shower and someone got me another diaper bag that I really like too...but I think that the double one is just going to meet our needs a little better.

I think my baby boy has had the hiccups about five times in the past two days...but its weird because I don't feel my whole belly jumping rhythmically....its more like I feel a kick in one spot rhythmically....is that normal? It just goes on and on...and usually its when I'm trying to sleep! :o) Maybe its just his heinie bouncing off the side or something...I dunno.

If this snow doesn't change things this will be my first full week of school in a while...ugh...two full weeks and then we have president's day! Can I do it??? I'm gonna try! :o)

12 comments:

Beckie's Infertile said...

It sounds like you had a fun and exciting time at classes.

Swollen or not I think that you are looking great!

Good luck with the multiple classes....

Krisy said...

I think you look adorable, i don't notice the pregnant face but then again i didn't notice mine until I look back at pictures now! My whole belly never bounced with hiccups it was pretty much exactly what you describe so i'm thinking they are definitly hiccups. My boy got them all the time like 5 times a day. He still gets them a lot but it is slowly decreasing!!

Lucky Jones said...

LOL, I know what you mean when one of them has the hiccups :) Usually one or the other will have them every day - every once in a while they both get them! And you don't have pregnant face :) You look fabulous! I read Belly Laughs too, I should read it again... Baby Laughs is good too :)

Holly said...

You look so dang cute! I see your pics and while i love that my kiddos are here it makes me miss having them in my belly. Enjoy every last kick & punch!

Jennifer said...

I only have two things to say "blue twinkies" and "niagra in my panties"! Lol, Belly laughs is a hilarious book.

Anonymous said...

Our baby gets the hiccups ALL THE TIME - probably 3-4 times a day. Always in the same spot and just a rhythmic thump, thump, thump. I love it :) You look too cute!

Beckie's Infertile said...

Hey I have been loving your blog and have nominated you for an award on mine!!!

Mom Genes said...

Perfect little pregnant cutie!
I love your pics, just adorable : )

Just Believing said...

Looking beautiful mama!

How fun thsoe classes sound like!!!

Ashley said...

Looking good honey!!!

Once Upon A Time said...

I'm jealous that your classes sound so much better than ours were... I wish we lived in a bigger area so we could go to a multiples class too. I think you look fantastic.

How's school going for you? Keep hanging in there and make those kindergartners do as much of the work for you as they can!

jenicini said...

Everything sounds great...the classes, not having to take the test again...whoot! You look lovely!