I now understand what they meant.
I am more tired...more achey...more hormonal...more hungry for sweets...more swollen...more stretched...more irritable...more sleep deprived...more ready to meet these little ones...
than ever before.
I had a major meltdown on Friday morning, as I was leaving for work with unwashed hair, no makeup on...taking the usual seven minutes to put on my shoes....and Dh was trying to comfort me, but I was going to be late for work for the FIFTH time that week (yeah...that's all week)...
DH said, as I headed out the door "Maybe its time we start thinking about putting you on 'bedrest'".
That would be lovely.
And yet we can't afford that...so I figure I'd better at least try to wait until I'm 30 weeks if the doctor is telling me that my body is doing just fine...I'll feel like I really really tried if I stay working until 30 weeks I think. Beyond that...I'm not sure if I can do it.
Plus, I'd rather listen to what my body is telling me and quit while I'm ahead, before the doctor prescribes the bedrest...at least I could possibly quit on my terms...and still do small stuff throughout the day.
I just feel like I'm full of knees and elbows...it just hurts. Baby boy is creeping farther and farther into my rib cage...makes it hard to breathe...and the pain...ow. I can't get comfortable at night...I wake up every two hours at least...which I know will be the story of my life VERY soon...but can't it wait until they get here? I need to conserve my rest now!
Complain Complain Complain.
Sorry.
Today we are going to get the kids mattresses....so we'll be able to finish the nursery pretty much. That will be nice. We are just about all ready for these little ones to make their appearance...of course...they need to cook a little longer though. ;o)
I still can't get over the fact that its nearly February...I'm looking forward to those doctor's appointments! Feels like its been a while since I've seen the little ones...plus I've been hanging out a lot with my friend and her 6 week old baby....it makes me realize how much work I'm in for, yet gets me excited for whats to come!






5 comments:
Complain away- it is good therapy to get you through the next day! I hope you are resting up this weekend. Feel free to use me for inspiration to make it one more day (or week)- I'm now in week 31 and planning to teach all week with a cold. :) I agree about the dr. appts- I have one on Tuesday (u/s) and one on Friday. So fun to see/hear them twice this week!
I agree with Katie - COMPLAIN!!! You have a right to! And I know what you mean about "a ton of bricks" - it's hitting me now too. Yesterday I went with my husband to have his tattoo worked on and couldn't take it. After an hour of just sitting there I took the car keys and went to sleep in the passenger seat. And by sleep I mean I closed my eyes for 2 hours. Not really sleep. Back pain has increased dramatically over the last week...
But you can do it! The finish line is right around the corner ladies :) Then we will be holding our baby boys and girls in our arms. Still weird that we are each having one of each :) Yesterday I called the boy the name we have been thinking for with him and it just felt right :)
You are amazing! I teach middle schoolers 2 days a week and am carrying one baby, and am finishing up my last week before bedrest. Do what makes you feel best. I'm sure a little lying around and some mindless tv with your feet up would be nice for a few weeks. You deserve it!
Just keep going girl! Day by day will get you closer to your goal of thirty weeks. You'll know if you need to stop before that. :) {hugs} to you. Can't wait to see your munchkins.
Go ahead and complain. The third trimester hit ME like a ton of bricks and I'm only carrying one baby! Now, at 31 weeks, I'm off on leave for a week and a half because of a pregnancy-related work injury and I'm seriously considering going on disability afterward. Being pregnant is wonderful, we all know, but that doesn't mean there aren't really crappy parts of it - especially when you're carrying two babies!
Post a Comment