Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Ob appointment

I took a trip down memory lane and was checking out some of the early belly shots...here I was at 12 weeks thinking I looked so pregnant...LOL LOL LOL. I just look like the chubby girl that nobody wants to ask if she's preggo because it could go either way!!!


And then here I am now...in all my glory...now THAT'S a pregnant woman!


After seeing the perinatologist...it always amazes me how fast we are in and out of my ob's office!
1. Pee in cup

2. Get weighed


3. Check blood pressure

4. Check cervix

5. Check baby heartbeats on ultrasound

6. Any questions??

Done.

All in a matter of...20 minutes or less. Wow.

Baby girl is still head down...baby boy is technically head down...with his head in her feet and his body arching like a rainbow over my belly button. I wonder if her feet are kicking his poor head into my rib cage!! They say they still have time to move so don't count on a vaginal delivery yet.


Cervix measured 5.21 cm, so that's good...I requested that they measure my belly again and I'm measuring at 32 weeks...so 6 weeks ahead. I just can't seem to catch up to you other gals measuring 10 weeks ahead!!! :o)

I only gained 2lbs in the past two weeks...I was shocked!! My eating habits have remained the same..so I'm not sure what that means...I guess I'm eating just enough for those babies...because I'm sure they've gained nearly half a pound each in that amount of time. I'm kindof happy that I only gained that much...the 8lb and 6lb weight gain in two weeks was a little much for the ego.... :o) But healthy babies are all that really matter...gotta keep tellin' myself that. :o)

I will be purchasing a jogging stroller at a garage sale this summer...and I'd love to get a bike and one of those attatchments where you can let the kiddos ride in their own little wagon or whatever it is. Hubby said if I want he would buy me a treadmill...but I think I'll want an excuse to get out of the house every day!

Next OB appointment is Feb. 4...next peri appointment is Feb. 8....babies are probably coming in....MARCH............

OH MY GOODNESS.

9 comments:

Just Believing said...

Yeas def take the get out of the house route when it comes to exercise! Good for you and babies!

YOu look gorgeous mama!

Beckie's Infertile said...

You look awesome! Yay for your two miracles, they are almost here!

Beckie's Infertile said...

By the way I love the Waiting song you have on your blog!

Rach said...

They will be here before ya know it! Time flies!

jenicini said...

Wow....March is not too far away! Can't wait!

devon said...

yay! Everything is going good! March is, gulp, soon! :) You look GREAT, btw! :)

Once Upon A Time said...

I feel the same way about every "old" belly picture- I bet a few weeks from now, we'll feel the same way about the pictures we take now! You look beautiful! Your cervix size is fantastic- I bet you are going to have a drama free twin pregnancy. :)

I got down on the floor today and sat with my class, and even managed to get up on my own... (I was so proud of myself, ha!) how are you doing at school? No one knows quite what we are dealing with except for someone else PG with twins in a kindergarten classroom- so believe me, I'm thinking about you every day I make it through another one with my class.

Lucky Jones said...

Isn't it crazy what our bodies can do? I thought I was HUGE at 12 weeks. Now.. wow... but I am loving it! and you look absolutely fantastic :) And I am so jealous that your visits are quick. Mine are at least 2 hours because on my u/s tech. For some reason she does a full anatomy at every visit. she always asks if we did one last time, I tell her yes, and she says "we will do another one anyway." Lady, look at my file - it's all there!

So glad everything is going well for you! I can't believe how little time we have left to see our babies!

BTW, the sleep at the lab today wasn't the most comfy thing.. the only way I was able to was because we were more or less alone for most of it. I would have laid down on the floor if it came to that LOL!

Mom Genes said...

Good heavens! MARCH? Where did the time go? You look Mah-ve-lous.