Well that was absolutely miserable. Ladies...don't fail the one hour. Its no fun to do the three hour test.
I got up on Friday and couldn't have my usual two eggs, toast, fruit and large glass of milk....so I was feeling VERY lightheaded...hungry....MISERABLE. I drove to my OBs office and got my blood drawn. Easy. Then I had to drink that sugar drink. The first one wasn't so bad so I expected this one to go down easily...didn't realize it had twice as much sugar and literally was like syrup...and syrup on an empty stomach is not fun.
I kept asking what would happen if I vomited it up...because I really thought that's what was going to happen. Then I had to wait a miserable hour to get my blood drawn again. Thankfully by the last two hours my body figured out what to do with the sugar and I sat and chatted with another gal who was getting the test done too. Got my blood drawn two more times and then I was off to Fud.dru.ckers curbside to go and back to work.
Maybe Fu.dds whas not my best choice...but it sure sounded good and I was hungry!!! A little cajun chicken sandwich goes a long way!! :o)
I got a call at around 5pm saying that I PASSED the test! PHEW...bring on the sugar!! :o)
My ob still wants me to take the 1hr test AGAIN at 28 weeks (boo) so I hope I don't fail it by two silly points again...maybe I should just go on the diet that they would put me on if I was diabetic...just so I don't have to do that again!!! (BTW it was my perinatologist's idea to have me take the test early in the first place...and my ob wanted to ignore that advice...(isnt' that nice?)...so my ob is making me take it again when he would have done it origionally. Lovely.)
Gotta do what I gotta do I guess...its all for you kiddos!!!
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





9 comments:
Oh my gosh. I have not read up on one of these tests, but what you've talked about so far let's me know it's not fun. Not eating? Blood taking? But, you're right, those two sweet faces smiling at you will make it seem like a distant memory. Thank you so much for your encouraging words.
Glad the results were good!
sorry you have to take it again :(
Omg, I remember having to do the three hour test! It wasn't fun at all. I love your last post! Those pictures are amazing. Both of your babies are beautiful. :) :) :)
You have such a cute bump! :)
Good lord, seriously making you do the 1 hour again??? That just doesn't seem necessary at ALL considering you just did the darn 3 hour test.
So glad you passed! Sounds horrendous! So, you leave near Northern Virginia??? It would be so fun to meet a blog friend in real life and have a fun playdate! Let's definitely plan something once the kiddos arrive!
Yep, we are very close to Maryland! Practically neighbors. We're in Alexandria and I work in D.C.
Hey! Glad to hear you passed your 3hr. I failed my 1hr so my 3hr is set for Monday. BOOO!!! I didn't know I was getting the screen on Wednesday and I think I failed due to a Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate that morning :( What was your initial level? I was elevated at 171, so I am eating protein until Monday!
Hope everything is going well for you! I can't believe how much time has gone by and how little time we have - YIKES!
Post a Comment