Still looking a little TOO preggo...for only 8weeks. But I have noticed a change...look slightly under the big bump and there is a smaller bump. I think that's my acutal baby bump. LOL. Its definitely gotten bigger in that area...if you run your hands across it you can feel it...but its hard to capture on camera. :o)
Its definitely where my low rise jeans hit...and I'm feelin' it when I sit down and stuff. Lovin' the belly band most days!!
Yesterday hubby and I went yard saleing. We found a nice rich neighborhood (they have the BEST stuff!!) where a lady was selling her Gr.aco baby stuff...all the same pattern....swing, pac-n-play, car seat, stroller, high chair....for $85. All this stuff looked pretty much new...we were really torn. But I figured I'd probably want mine to match and with twins, the same patterns don't always come in the double strollers. So we passed. But that certainly was a good deal!
I've been reading the baby bar.gains book and it says don't buy used car seats. I can see why this could be bad...you don't know if they've been in an accident!!! They also say that if they're more than five years old the parts could break. But there is a HUGE yard sale coming up next week where its only parents of multiples who are bringing their stuff (I guess they do this twice a year) and you can get EVERYTHING for your kids for CHEAP...and they match and all that good stuff.
Because I'm figuring...even if a family member wanted to buy a car seat or a high chair or a crib...I NEED TWO!! And that stuff is expensive...and I wouldn't expect them to buy more than one!!! So if I could buy them at this yard sale I'd be set!
I guess they even have all the clothes put together in sets for twins....boy/boy, boy/girl and girl/girl.....I wish I knew what I was having!!!! That is way too fun!!! I'm so going to this sale EVERY year!! I guess one day I may even be able to be in it! :o)
So should I try to get a year old or two year old car seat/double stroller combo? (that I will research before I go to make sure what brands are recalled...and which are the best) Or should I just get the double stroller and buy one of those stroller skeleton things where you clip on your car seats (and get new car seats...and not freak out when the double stroller/car seat pattern don't match)? :o)
I figure its SOOOO early to be buying stuff....and yet...if these babies will probably arrive at the end of march (STAY IN TIL APRIL LITTLE ONES!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!) and maybe I'm on bedrest and can't get ready for them...I'd rather save some money and get ready now! Plus baby stuff is always in demand so I figure if I don't need something I could always sell it! Or pass it over to a grandma for when they babysit!! And they won't have this sale again until the babies are here!
Let me know what you gals think!!!
My realtor actually told me about this sale (she live across the street from DH's parents so we bumped into her yesterday) because her sister just had IVF twins last year. She said that she was on bed rest for about a month (UGH) and said that she was pretty early...8 weeks I think??? I dunno.
But she mentioned trying to get all the protein in and said her sister was drinking Mus.cle Milk. Now that stuff sounds nasty...and I know its nasty cause DH drinks it sometimes when he's in a "bulking up" mood and he tells me its nasty. ;o) But I was thinking about giving it a shot. DH said the bars aren't as bad...but any protein bars are sooo gross to me. If it helps my little ones though....I just might do it. Don't want to make myself barf though. I've avoided that so far (knock on wood!).
**Update*** On the musc.le Milk....I've heard that people who drink it and dont' exercise can GAIN A LOT OF WEIGHT...I think I may try to find something protein rich for girls...don't want to blow up like a balloon!!!
Anyhoo...hope you all are having a great weekend!!!





4 comments:
I would go for it! That sounds like a perfect solution! I'm with you on the whole matching thing BTW. :D
Eww muscle milk?!?! I've been thinking this whole time I needed 600g of protein...haha! Could you imagine? Luckily, I know it isn't that much & have been fine between peanut butter, meat at lunch/dinner, beans, cheese (w. all the Mexican food I'm craving)...
Have you gone & browsed Babies r Us yet? You know you get a discount w/ twins there right?
& is the yard sale through MOM (moms of multiples?)
As far as protein bars go, my husband and I sometimes get Snicke.ers brand protein bars. They taste pretty good, like eating a candy bar, and have lots of protein as far as bars go, 16-20 grams. I think that you are going to find that with any protein drink/bar if you are not careful you could gain unnecessary weight. When we eat them it is usually as a meal replacement, like having one for breakfast on our way to work. Hope this helps!
we are so buying used!!!! not car seats and safety issue things but me and my mom have been garage salin and consignment sales like crazy! its so smart!!!
thx so much for all your sweetness lately!!!!!!!
Post a Comment