Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

First "Fertile" Baby Shower

Tomorrow I head to Ohio for my friend's baby shower. It will be my first shower as a fertile myrtle...as opposed to the bitter, jealous, crying-herself-to-sleep infertile myrtle.

I think I am going to enjoy it. I think.

Like we say...infertility does take its toll on us....and does leave scars. I mean...she is so close to holding her little one...and though I am a step closer...I have a ways to go.

How am I still getting a little jealous of her??????????

I think its mainly because she's yet another person who is experiencing the things I want to experience BEFORE ME. She's on team pink. She BUYS baby clothes...CUTE girly clothes. I can only stare at the yellow ones. YAY.

Okay okay....I'm not really this depressed about it...this post is coming across wrong...

Just letting the thoughts roll from my brain and onto the screen....so I guess they're in there somewhere....but predominantly I have happy thoughts I promise!!!!!!!!! :o)

Yesterday this same preggo friend gave me a gift. Two little onesies....they are the Dr. Seu.ss Thin.g 1 and Thi.ng 2!!! Totally adorable. So I do have cute stuff too. :o) And my mom got me some maternity shirts and some $$$ to buy a new bra!! (Thanks mom!!!)

I do feel a little spoiled. :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all of those feelings are perfectly normal. The road to actually holding the little cashew seems so long and uncertain that I also feel a twinge of jealousy for those who have completed it successfully already. Have fun at the shower. The onesies sound adorable!

ashley said...

Where at in Ohio? Wonder if you'll be close to me? I hope you have a good time at the shower. It's much different attending one when you're expecting as well yourself.

Melissa said...

I agree with the other comment; its much easier to attend a baby shower when you are finally expecting. For the longest time I didn't go to baby showers and didn't even want to attend birthday partys for friends children...it was just so hard. Enjoy the baby shower...maybe you will get some great ideas on stuff to register for that you didn't think of!

Once Upon A Time said...

My friend called that an infertility hangover. It is not easily wiped away, because the pain we suffered is so deep and has been around for so long. I think until our little ones are in our arms we will still be waiting for the other shoe to drop and have it taken all away from us. BUT it WILL only be a few months until that happens and you will have those babies in your arms. :)

Kelli said...

Can't wait to see your little ones in their Thing 1 and 2 onsies!! Too cute!