Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 21, 2009

18 weeks!

Wow...I remember when I was excited about 8 weeks...and here we are at 18 weeks already! Halfway there!!! WOO HOO!!!

DH has been busy getting the nursery ready....here are a few shots of him putting in a new door and the beautiful chair railing and paint job he did!


Now this is the only six paneled door in our upstairs hallway...lol...we need to do the other doors too now!!!


I told DH I wanted the light green on top and a slightly darker shade of green on the bottom...and this is what I came home to. LOL...I guess it looks okay...but I'm worried about it matching the little girl's bedding! I guess it goes with the boy's bedding....we bought a blanket from his bedding to choose the paint colors, but couldn't find a small blanket in her bedding...so hopefully it looks okay!! I was told that if it doesn't look okay...it will be repainted. *phew* :o)


I also went to a children's consignment shop this week. I had the worst day ever on Thursday...I've had so many kids out with fevers and nasty coughs (swine flu anyone)...10 over the past two weeks to be exact....and so it hasn't been too fun in my classroom...trying to dodge germs. Plus I had an irate mother call me several times before I had the chance to call her back saying that her daughter had come home with a 103 fever the day before.


I felt HORRIBLE that that happend...but this little girl was acting normal...looked normal and didn't tell me she was feeling bad! She even helped me pass out papers at the end of the day....I don't touch the kids throughout the day so if she doesn't look sick, act sick and doesn't tell me...I don't know!! But I still felt absolutely horrible. I assured the mother that as a very vulnerable pregnant woman there is no way I would allow a child with a fever to remain in my classroom if I had ANY idea that they had one.


Still felt horrible though...


PLUS that day one of my coworkers came up to me and said "Oh hey! How are you feeling? WOW...your face is really starting to swell isn't it??!! But you still look great though!!"


To which I replied "Oh thanks...would you like to comment on the current state of my heinie too because I'm sure that's getting bigger too!!!!!!!!!!"


Wait...I didn't say that. *sigh* But I wanted to...who says that....to a pregnant woman??? Tell me I'm glowing...tell my I look great....I know I'm getting FAT...I'm trying to get fat!!!!!!!!! But that comment just threw my whole day off. I just wanted to go home. *sigh*


ANYHOO....all that to say I asked hubby if I could go to the consignment shop to buy something for the kiddos because I needed a little retail therapy. So I found this baby carrier for $8.50 and I just had to have it...I thought it was way too cute. And I had to have DH try it on!!! What a good sport! :o)


He wasn't smiling all the way because this was the fourth picture I had taken of him....I had it on the stupid night vision setting for some reason and all the other pictures kept coming out blurry....lol...anyways...how cute is that?? It probably wasn't the best idea to get a non-gender neutral carrier...but oh well...for 8 bucks I couldn't pass it up!!!

No big plans for this weekend...going to a friend's daughter's high school play tonight...Willy Wonka! Should be fun! Then tomorrow I think I'm going to get my hair colored....its been a while...18 weeks to be exact :o) Then conferences from 8am-7pm Monday....ugh. All I have to do is show up on Tuesday and then its time for a nice break!!

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

I wanna see a belly shot! :) I think the room looks great. I had a pretty rough week at school too- we have a tough job to do while being PG with twins. Our conferences are next week as well. I hope we both get through them in one piece. Good luck!

jenicini said...

Go hubby! It's looking nice! :)

Lucky Jones said...

Ok missy, we need pics of you! I wanna compare bellies - I am sure I'm way bigger!

Your hubs is a trooper - there is no way mine would put a baby carrier on unless we were putting a baby in it! It's so cute, and just $8? Looks like I am gonna have to find me some consignment shops!

Glad to see everything is going well!

Ashley said...

Congrats on 18 weeks!!! The room looks great! I LOVE the colors;)

Denecia said...

LOVE your nursery so far! I am so anxious to get ours painted so I feel like we're progressing...