I'm about to head over to Nighttime because Thursday night I SHOT out of bed with a leg cramp that went away thankfully after a minute or two....but the muscle soreness/tenderness has not. Yesterday I was limping all around and today I still feel like I pulled a muscle.
Internet junkie/book reader that I am...I discovered that this may not be normal and could possibly be a blood clot.
So I'm going to get it checked out.
Please keep me and my little ones in your prayers...that this is simply an after effect of a nasty leg cramp and not something terribly more serious!!!
**Update**
The doc said that he doesn't think its something more serious but he can't be 100% sure, so he suggested I call my OB...which I would have done in the first place, but I didn't realize that I should use the "emergency" number for this type of thing...though I guess if it was a clot it could be an emergency. I dunno. But he said that if it were a clot it would probably be inflamed and swollen and tender to the lightest touch...and its more tender when you push on it.
Maybe I overreacted...but I'd rather be safe than sorry!!
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





6 comments:
ugh good luck! I had a lot of leg cramps when I was on my feet for the day, try flexing your foot up and down to see if it helps....
Hopefully it's not serious!
Safe is much better! I hope that it's nothing and that you and the babes are okay. :)
I would never worry about overreacting. It's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. I hope that the cramps go away soon!
Way better to be safe than sorry. Trust me. Do you think that maybe your potassium/magnesium levels are low. I had really bad leg cramping in my pregnancy (my calf was black and blue). I started eating like 3 bananas a day and magnesium supplements which help. Thinking of you!
Do as I say, not as I do. Thank goodness you took this seriously and went to the doc.
Mine ended up being a pulled muscle...
Wearing tennis shoes helped eased my pain.
Scary! Glad everything is ok... my leg cramps went mostly away when I made a big effort to constantly wiggle, stretch and rotate my legs/ankles during the day... I try to eat at least 1 banana a day too Oh, and more sensible school shoes helped as well. :) I hope you don't get any more for a long time!
Post a Comment