Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bedding!

So I haven't bought any bedding yet...but I wanted to go out to all the stores and see all the bedding there was to see (seeing it online doesn't suffice...sometimes it looks cheap and cheezy in the store!!) should I have to go on bedrest at any point in time...just trying to enjoy every moment...and hoping that will NOT happen!!! But being prepared...

Anyhoo...I was getting frustrated because I didn't really want gender neutral bedding....I know their genders!!!!! I knew what I'd get for two boys...and for two girls...but one of each????

Most of the things we liked were just so boyish...we've been looking mainly at jungle themed stuff...and I couldn't see my little girl residing in such...manly...bedding. But we certainly can't have anything pink in the boys crib either!!!!!!!

So here are a few....okay TWO options that I found...that actually sortof flow together...and yet are very gender specific!!!


These are too cute...but a little plain...but still really cute. I love how similar they are...and the polka dots are too cute!! Not really jungle themed though....but still an option. (Btw....these were at Bur.lin.ton Coat F.actory...and I did not find them on their website...but they were in the store)

Next, my friend told me that she really loved this purple monkey bedding she saw, so I went to check it out and see if it flowed with some manly jungle bedding we liked. I was SOOOOOOO excited when I discovered that they made a green set and a purple set!!!!!!! Some things are a little different...but the main stuff is the same!!!







Cute huh??? But what color would I paint the walls???????? Orange??? Brown??? If I went with green the boy bedding would just be lost...I guess I could just stick with a boring cream color...but I LOVE color on my walls!!!


I was happy to discover that these bedding sets are found on the internet for about $40 cheaper than they were selling them in the store...good to know.


I still have a while til I have to decide on bedding...but its nice to know that I may have found "THE ONES"...I was starting to get really frustrated....and wanted to especially let my other boy/girl twin mommy friends know that there are some options out there for us!!! Let me know if you gals find anything too!!!


Oh and here's the belly pic...this was actually last Sunday evening...so I was 14 weeks....note to self....stripes across=I look very wide. Yikes. :o)


Plus I was kindof trying to poke my belly out there....cause my friend's belly is super cute and big...she's 34 weeks in this picture....

I need to take more official pictures though!!! The time is passing so quickly!!!

10 comments:

The Dyess Family said...

I love your bedding choices! I would paint the room chocolate brown. Glad to know that you are feeling good!

Once Upon A Time said...

Bedding is my latest struggle too, now that we know it is one of each. I've been leaning towards jungle too- but you are so right! How to make it not too boyish, but not too girly? Where did you find the cute green/purple jungle sets???

Denecia said...

Wow girly! Your belly is def. bigger than mine...I will take a picture this Wed so you can see...My boobs are even bigger now, though. They are hanging out of an H bra...isn't that ridiculous & what they call- Montgomery's tubercles - are like craters! It's craaazy!
Also, LOVE the monkey sets the most :)

jenicini said...

Genders! Wow, I totally missed that news! Congrats! I absolutely love the bedding. I would go for a cheery yellow since it's in both bedding sets and would still keep the room bright. If you went for a deeper yellow, it would be more manly too! lol. I'm so excited for you!

Hayley said...

Hi there! I noticed that you were following my blog, so I decided to come over and take a look at yours. CONGRATS on being pregnant with B/G twins! You are going to LOVE it. My B/G twins are 10 months old and are so much fun at this age...busy, but fun! I know what it's like trying to pick out bedding for a boy and a girl that will be in the same room. I found my bedding online...try looking them up, I know you will fall in LOVE with something. They did an amazing job...it looked just like it did in the pictures and it was everything and more than I expected (www.polkatotdesigns.com). Good luck and congrats. Oh, and my doctor told me from day 1 that I was going to be put on bed rest starting at 28 weeks and it wasn't bad...carried B&B to 36 weeks and I probably could have made it another week or two, but we decided to go ahead and schedule my csection due to the holidays. Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions. Congrats again. Twins are so much FUN!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG- You are looking so Cute!!! We definately need more belly pics. Love the the bedding also- so freakin' cute. You could to a neutral pain on the top, maybe a border, and some strips below? On the girl side pink and brown, and on the boy side blue and brown. Blue and brown is supposed to be en vogue now. :) My sister just painted my 6yo nephew's room blue and brown. I am glad that things are going so well!!

Mom Genes said...

You are too cute! I love your bedding. This must be the most exciting time in the world for you. Heading to the hospital for lap. surgery in less than an hour. AH! Say a prayer please...

Just Believing said...

yeah! love those beddings! BTW ceck out jc penny.com they have this cute elephant bedding in blue green and pink! super cute ( dont know the pricce though)

Emily said...

Love the belly pic! You need to take a ride to Great Beginnings in Gaithersburg before you make a final decision - they have more bedding in more place than I have ever seen. I do like the jungle bedding though!

Denecia said...

ok...so i just took a belly pic & we are about the same...you are def. NOT bigger than me...lol...i guess i was in denial :)