Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Work drama...

Why do people have to be mean?

Especially the ones I work with?

Can't we be a little understanding people????

So last Thursday I called work to say I was going to be a little late because the good 'ol morning sickness had hit me again....hard. I was vomiting before my shower...thought I was good to go and then started to head out the door when I raced back in and vomited my entire breakfast (some getting in my hair and on my glasses...nice). So I had to clean myself up...and regain control of my innards before I headed to the car.

Just fyi we have to be at work at 7:40 and the kiddos come at 7:50.

I tell the secretary that I've just finished vomiting my brains out, could she please let my team know I'll be a little late?

I get to work at 7:52...the kids were just let in two minutes ago...and no one was in my room. No one even came in later to say "Oh you're here..good!"

So did the secretary not let my coworkers know? Well that day was our halloween parade and everything so I got sidetracked and never investigated further.

THEN today, another coworker told me that she was walking through our area (we have open space classrooms) and heard the secretary page one of my teammates, letting them know that I'd be running late. After the teacher said thank you to the secretary, she spoke to the other teacher in the room saying something to the effect of....

"Oh, she thinks she can just come late and leave early whenever she wants...must be nice..."

And the other one laughed and agreed.

YEAH...I JUST COME LATE WHENEVER I WANT. BECAUSE I LOVE WASHING VOMIT OUT OF MY HAIR AND PUTTING MY MAKEUP ON AT MY DESK BECAUSE I'M TOO SICK TO PUT IT ON IN THE MORNING...

And leaving early?????!!! The only time I leave early is for my drs appointments....and I'm sorry those are quite frequent...but I'M CARRYING TWINS PEOPLE....and it doesn't really affect you....and the principal has no problem with it....so BUG OFF.

Ugh...I wish that person had not told me they said that. There's too much drama back in kindergarten already....way too much. So now I feel all sick to my stomach (so what else is new)....but I can't do anything about it!!! I can't help it if I'm sick. If I get up earlier I feel sicker...and I'm already going to bed at 8:30!

I'm sorry they can't understand that yes, morning sickness may last longer with twins...and yes my dr. was talking about putting me on a prescription if it didn't clear up soon.

Good grief.

AND they didn't even tell anyone to come sit in my room...like an aide or something...nope..."Well...she's just gonna be late and we don't like that so lets have her kids just fend for themselves".

Great.

Maybe I'll talk with them tomorrow and get to the bottom of this...

Well...at least as to why they didn't assign anyone to my room. But then...maybe too much time has passed. So annoying.

And that's my drama.

10 comments:

VA Blondie said...

How frustrating! I hope you figure out what happened.

Rach said...

I say the next time you just vomit right in that snotty teachers room.

Jennifer said...

How frustrating! Some people just aren't content unless they have someone/something to complain about. I hope that you get the situation resolved.

jenicini said...

Witches! That is so not necessary.

Once Upon A Time said...

I am in your shoes too(except for minus the excessive vomitting). I would say just let it go- just like infertility, some people are just not going to get that a twin PG is DIFFERENT than a single baby. If your room isn't covered again, then talk to the secretary about it. I'm sure the rude teacher is just jealous that she doesn't have a good reason to do the same. Try not to let it get you down, and when your "team" gets you down, just do what I do- and remember that you don't have to spend the whole year with them this year!

Anonymous said...

That is insane! I would totally talk to someone about it, b/c what if a child got hurt or was ill during the time you were not there? You did the responsible thing and called- they were totally irresponsible and ignored your class b/c they have an issue with you.
Could you imagine if a nurse called her manager and said the same thing....and the other nurses ignored those patients? Not cool on their part.
I also agree with Rach- go to tell them you need to go to the bathroom and throw up on their desk...and shoes.

Anonymous said...

Wow - just to add more drama to what is already a stressful situation - being pregnant WITH TWINS. You definitely don't deserve that! Any chance these other teachers are jealous of you being pregnant? Hard to think that anyone would be jealous of us IVFers!

Mary Kate said...

hey...i just saw that you were following my blog & came to check out your blog...congrats on the b/g twins....they are so much fun!!! best of luck for a happy & healthy pregnancy...i look forward to following your journey!!

Once Upon A Time said...

You want to know what I'm eating? Here's an average day: 1st breakfast- oatmeal, 2nd breakfast: hasbrowns and bacon, 3rd breakfast: bannana (all before 8:30 am), 1st snack at 9:40: usually applesauce and pudding or fruit, lunch at 11: leftovers and yogurt 2nd snack at 1 pm: string cheese/granola bar, etc 3rd snack: birthday cupcake (if I'm lucky- we've had 4 birthdays in the last week in my class :) or something else) 4th snack at 3: apple or pear or whatever, Dinner: something filling like pasta/potatoes with meat and veggies 5th snack an hour after dinner: ice cream, 6th and final snack: apple cinnamon cheerios in milk right before I got to sleep (if I don't have that, I wake up starving around 2-3 am). Add in the fact that I try to sit while I teach as much as possible and I'm not power walking daily and no wonder I've gained 24 lbs in 13 weeks! Ha! Now that I've typed that out, I think I should put that as a blog post!

Paxton said...

Sorry you have to put up with people like that. I know just how you feel in regards to the morning sickness. When I was pregnant with my son I had such high HCG levels they were sure I was having twins but nope there was just the one. But I had such severe morning sickness the entire way through. The day I had him I was vomitting that morning. It is not fun at all and no one should ever be snotty with you for having to go through that. Though I was so thrilled to be pregnant it was very hard beyond words being so sick for a long time and constantly I actually became depressed at times. Most days I would vomit before the shower, in the shower, after the shower, have another shower then vomit again. Luckily though my team mates at work were so supportive and sweet. The guy that sits at the desk next to me made many trips down to the gas station next to my work where they sell Lucozade as it used to really help the vomitting. I would hand over my money to him and down he would go and come back with a Lucozade for me. Thats how it should be at work. People should be supporting you. All the best.