Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

19 weeks tomorrow!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for!! What a difference a year makes...

I went to the ob today and my blood pressure was way up. It was way up because I had been feeling baby girl moving a whole lot (they told me I wouldn't really feel her too much because her placenta is in the way) and hadn't felt baby boy since Sunday...and he was the one I predominantly felt for the past couple weeks. So I was kindof...nervous...about what they might find.

The doc came in and said "Whoa, what's up with your blood pressure?"

And I said "Just show me my baby boy and then we can redo it!"

She rolled the ultrasound right on top of my belly button (not the most comfortable thing) and there he was...not moving...but she said she could see his little heart flickering. I saw nothing. Then, he moved....arched his back so he was almost bent in half...he was like "HEY LADY GET OFF OF ME!!!" And then when he was still again I could see that little heart flickering....

*phew*

So then after the appointment they redid my blood pressure...and it was completely normal.

:o)
Oh...and did I mention my total weight gain for this pregnancy?
22lbs
WOWZAH!!!!!!!!! That means I've gained 11lbs in FIVE WEEKS....I say it again...WOWZAH....so if my goal was about 24lbs in 24 weeks...I guess I've made it there....and then some!!!! The ob said that she was not concerned at all...that I was doing just fine...and according to my books I'm good too....but its so crazy to me that I could put on that much weight in such a short amount of time!!!
I guess a cheeseburger a day isn't so good for you. :o)

After the appointment I went and got my hair did...feels good to have a style...though I can't wait to wash it and style it myself! And of course I rocked my XL Mom in Training shirt!! :o) That thing is so comfy...and I think it'll stretch with me all the way to the end of this pregnancy!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

4 comments:

Marie W said...

So glad everything turned out well. You can already tell who the mellow twin will be :-). Happy Thanksgiving!

Once Upon A Time said...

My little boy is the mellow, not moving much one too. No worries about 22 lbs! I get weighed again on Monday at 23 weeks and that # should make you feel much better. :)

jenicini said...

Note to baby boy: don't scare momma! Glad it was better after your US! Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

ooo-that boy is already giving you some trouble! :) Glad everything is going well. Love the hair do!