Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Carseats IN!

Check that off the list!!!

However...is it a problem that neither mommy or daddy can fit behind the steering wheel? Mommy's issue is a temporary one (large belly) but daddy's legs and 6ft 2in frame are kindof...permanant.

Boo little RAV4...BOO!!!!!!!

So what do we do now...I have no idea...I feel like most people who have singletons can just put the baby in the middle and then it fits...or just put it behind the passenger seat...but with twins you just don't have the flexibility to do that. Hmmmm...

I could use hubby's Corolla...but he just got my car all detailed complete with new car smell!! Plus I don't know that it has more room...but we may have to try it out. We can't have a car neither of us can drive!

Tomorrow I'm going to go get the carseats checked (with one carseat in the trunk while I drive LOL) so maybe they can figure out a solution. We shall see!

Did I tell you all I went swimming on Wednesday? It was quite lovely, despite the fact that I looked like a very large...whale. But we went at about 8am so only grannys and grandpas (who love to wear speedos I'll have you know...) were there...and they were enamoured by my belly. The water felt very nice...I got a little kickboard and half floated/half paddled around the deep end. The kids were just kicking away inside of me...it was an odd feeling! I guess they are going to be great swimmers!

Then I tried to get out....what a joke. My body felt like it weighed five tons (which isn't much more than the four tons that it actually weighs so you'd think I'd be fine *wink*) and I almost had to have DH push on my heinie to get me out of the pool. Thankfully I managed on my own.

I think I will definitely have to try to go again before the kiddos arrive...whenever that may be! I'm a little jealous of you twin mommas who had your kiddos at 33 weeks...now that I'm there. And I'm a little amazed at how LARGE your babies looked at those 33 weeks...is that really how big my kiddos are right now??!! AMAZING!!

But I will keep plugging along...anxiously awaiting my kiddos surprise birthday!!! :o)

11 comments:

Lauren said...

We have the same problem with our carseat. Our front seat has to be pushed all the way forward to fit the carseat behind it. So DH cannot fit in that seat (he's 6'5"). But like you said, we only have one carseat so at least whoever is driving can fit comfortably. It's just the passenger who is squished.

I know you're anxious to have those little ones on the outside, but remember, you want them in there as long as possible! At this point every day that they're in there saves them 3-5 days in the NICU. You don't want them to have breathing issues or feeding issues because they were early. Just try to remember that right now:)

Jessica said...

I just ran across your blog a few weeks ago and am 26 weeks with twins too. I was interested to see your post about swimming because so many people have been telling me to go swimming to try and relieve some of the pains and pressures. Now that I know it helped you I may give it a shot!

jenicini said...

Girl, you might have to get a bigger vehicle! Ah! Stay in there babies!

Jill said...

We also have a small SUV. We *think* we can juuuust fit three carseats side-by-side, but we have to have them inspected to make sure they're in properly. But my poor DH is 6'6", so we may have to turn Ava's convertible seat around to forward facing (which I don't want to do until she reaches the weight limit of 35 pounds) so that DH can fit in the driver's seat. We're also thinking of getting rid of our Camry and getting a minivan in its place. I always swore I would NEVER drive a minivan, but it just seems so nice and spacious (and convenient).

Glad to hear that you had fun swimming/floating! That sounds like pure bliss -- until it is time to haul ourselves out, of course!

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up over the speedo wearing grampas. LOL!!!! I love it when elderly people just don't care!!! I mean why should they? Why not? LOL!

Good luck with the car seat situation- your poor husband. Knees around your ears is not a fun positions for a man in a car.

I am so happy that you are chugging along without any problems. I can't wait to see the kiddos, but keep on cookin' as long as you need to! :)

Krisy said...

We have the same carseat problems too..its not so bad for me but poor DH is smooshed. I'm thinking a minivan may be the only solution but i'm not going their yet!!!! I wish i could have gotten a chance to swim instead i was stuck in a hospital bed. I know how bad you want them out but you be happy when they get to leave the hospital with you. 9weeks of hospital bedrest was all worth it when they left with us!

Anonymous said...

Well I was HUGE at 33 weeks, but still couldn't believe those two babies were in there after I saw them! Amazing!! Sorry you're having space issues. Trust me... it's just the beginning! (But they are oh so worth it!)

Ashley said...

Sounds like a good excuse for a new car!!!

Once Upon A Time said...

Bummer about the car seats. Did you try putting one in the middle and one behind the passenger seat- would that fit? (Then at least someone could drive). I hope the carseat checker helped you out!

Your swimming experience sounds like it went well- you'll definitely have to go again to get the most use out of that maternity suit!

I have to tell you... I'm starting to wonder if your twins will make their appearance before mine at this point... AHHH! Can you believe you are so close???

Ashley said...

Sooo exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures of them. I'm so happy for you honey. You deserve it!! Enjoy the last minutes of being pregnant...you are going to miss it at times;)

Anonymous said...

We had a similar issue, though of course we only have to fit one carseat. We have a Hyundai Santa Fe and doesn't have a way to put the carseat in the center like we wanted. And it is too tight of a fit behind the driver, so it has to go behind the passenger. You would think that a standard carseat wouldn't have any problem fitting in a SUV of any kind. Oh well. Hope you guys are able to figure it all out.