Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Still pregnant!

We arrived at the appointment, chocolate chip cookies in hand (for the doc!) and 11 o'clock came and went...with no doctor. At 11:15 we called him and he was tied up at the moment so he asked if we could run out, grab some lunch and meet him at 1pm. So that's what we did!

Everything went fine at the appointment...same old, same old. He said that he will see me Monday at 1pm and definitely Thursday will be the last day unless they see something sooner. \

This is all just a little too stressful on momma...I felt like I was getting married today...mom's in town...sister and her husband are in town...I shaved my legs...everyone gets a little teary eyed when they look at me...LOL. But I'm glad the kids get to cook a few days longer...though I wouldn't have been kicking and screaming on my way to the hospital, had he sent me today...I was so uncomfortable last night I was really REALLY ready for them to be out and in my arms!!

I asked the doc about trying to deliver vaginally and he said that usually when he has babys with my baby boy's issue they don't handle labor well. So his recommendation is for a c-section...which I am fine with....not ecstatic (sp???) about...but fine with. I just want my little boy to be okay. Though I did have that dream...of pushing them out...them getting put on my chest...(which would have been highly unlikely anyways with them being preemies)...holding them right away. Now I'll be strapped down to a table. UGH. At least I know that's how its going to go...and won't have to labor for several hours and then do a c-section...which could happen too.

So Monday...I'll post again Monday. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this beautiful weather...and dream about the best two little Easter gifts I'll ever get! :o)

8 comments:

jenicini said...

Ahhh! Stay safe girl! :) Thinking of you. :)

Ashley said...

Good luck, I can't wait to hear about it!! Their weights sounded great at the appointment you wrote about earlier this week so I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Congrats!

Denecia said...

I just want you to know they don't always strap you down and you can hold your babies - my friend who delivered last week had that experience even w/ a c-section. She was holding her baby and when we spoke she said her arms were just out to the side - not strapped. I saw the pics & they were great. So, maybe ask your OB specifically on that. It prob depends on your reaction to the meds b/c she also said the meds you get for the naseau can cause anxiety - so maybe it depends on how you handle that medication? I am so excited for you!

Once Upon A Time said...

What a rollercoaster huh? "Is today the day, or not?" must be nerve-wracking to constantly have that in your head. You've got less than a week to go though!!!

Krisy said...

man the supense was killing me. Glad they get to cook a little longer it will make a huge difference. My arms weren't strapped for the c-section, i just had to hold them out to the side and I did get to sorta hold my babies at least long enough for a pic. Your babies will do great, i was 35w6d for my section and no nicu...aaaahhh can't wait for next week to see these two miracles!

Lucky Jones said...

Uneventful is good :) Keep those little ones in for just a few more days!

I was having a lot of contractions Thurs night and was waking up to them. No consistency on timing though, but I was getting excited. By noon yesterday they were gone..

But I decided to flat iron my hair and look halfway decent from now on judt in case. I'm NOT pretty first thing in the morning lol!

I am so excited for you - a mommy in less than a week!!!! eeeekk!!!!

Jill said...

Ugh, I remember those last few doctors appointments being the worst when I was pg with my first. I was so uncomfortable from the high bp that I would burst into tears after every appointment when they didn't send me to L&D.

Hang in there, momma! The days are numbered until your little ones will be here!

Anonymous said...

So no update on Monday...does that mean babies are here already????