Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

And they just keep on cookin'....

Had my peri appointment today...it went "well" again. No changes. During my non-stress test baby boy's heartrate wasn't accelerating like they were hoping it would...but that wasn't something they'd take them out for I guess. It was really hard during the NST to get their heartrates because I think they had their first bout of sibling rivalry for some reason. They were both kicking and rolling...I've never had both of them awake at the same time and that active. I think they were just DONE with all the poking they had to endure.

When I walked into the appointment all the ultrasound gals were in the hallway and they were like "OH! You're STILL here? We keep wondering when you're gonna go!" I'm like...yeah I'm just chuggin' along here. I told my ultrasound tech that I hadn't even packed my hospital bag yet and she was like "Yeah..you probably should have that done by now". Oh boy.

Those of you who have followed my blog since the beginning of our IVF cycle may remember that DH and I made a stuffed dog for our baby-to-be that I could squeeze when I was getting my shots. It ended up being a boo-boo doggie...all dressed in scrubs. I wanted to name HER Esperanza (which means hope in spanish) but DH wanted it to be a boy so we named HIM Espie for short. Of course, Espie is going to be baby boy's stuffed animal so we had to make an Esperanza! Here are a few pictures from when we made Espie....yeah....its depressing how much thinner my face is...well...my whole body for that matter... :o) Thankfully DH has put on about 20 "sympathy" pounds as well...(though you would never know...its all muscle...ahhh men...








Little Esperanza! YAY!


I still haven't been swimming...that is planned for tomorrow morning! YAY!! I'm excited about feeling light as a feather! :o)
After the appointment this morning I was so tired...I laid down and took a two hour nap. Then I made a casserole to freeze for when the kiddos arrive and totally only froze half so we could have the other half for dinner...it just looked too good! :o) Hey at least I have one meal ready!
Oh and I had an OB appointment yesterday...my cervix is a whole centimeter shorter...WOO HOO...so instead of 5cm and some change its 4cm and some change! Which means...NOTHING! I hear anything over 3 is what they want to see so I guess I'm good for a little while longer.
I keep getting cramps every once in a while...I keep thinking "Oh...guess its that time of the month" and then I remember...I'm preggo...duh. No braxton hicks or anything yet though.
Not sure if I told the blogger world, but for the past 40 days my dad has been going through radiation because his cancer returned. Today was his last day and we are so happy! We have to wait a few months to find out if it worked, but at least he wont' have to go through that every day. And he said that the kiddos have his permission to arrive because he can fly over here to see them now!! What good grandbabies!! :o)



8 comments:

jenicini said...

That's good that they are still cooking! That's what we want! Yes, they are great grand-babies for staying in there while your dad needed them to. :) You still look ever so cute in your new pics. I love that you made bears for both of them.

Lucky Jones said...

yay for no change!!! So glad things are going so well for you :) DId they tell you approx how big the kids are? LOL I am comparing notes! And I am seriously jealous of your cervix (I bet you have never heard that before lol!)

Sorry to hear about your dad - I really hope it worked. prayers for him :)

Jill said...

So glad everything is looking good with your little ones! Uneventful appointments are good. :) Now get that hospital bag packed!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad -- lots of prayers said that the treatment worked!

Krisy said...

Way to go!! i was already on bedrest for 8 weeks at this point and in the hospital for 6 so you are one tough mama!! So glad to hear your dad has finished his treatment, sending prayers his way and hope all stays well!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your dad is doing better.

Aren't NSTs just so much fun??? While it is reassuring to be able to hear the heartbeats and such, I get a stomachache every time I walk into the perinatal center!

Can't believe you are still plugging away! I'm so proud of you. You are such a great mommy keeping those little babies all nice and cozy.

Once Upon A Time said...

You are so cute with your stuffed animals! So glad the appointment went well... and yeah, I hope you put "pack bags" on the list of things to do today!

I think you look great in the newer pics- you just glow with happiness.

I'll be thinking about your dad and hoping for the best possible news.

ap said...

Too cute...and I totally laughed when you talked about the cramps and it being that time of the month...I had those same thoughts and have to remind myself too!

Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your dad! I bet he's excited to meet those babies! So glad you're hanging in there! You are already as far as I was when I met my girlies! Awesome Job, Momma!