and counting...
today my little man's cord was doing the same 'ol same 'ol...which is "okay" for now. But when we looked at his sister for little breathing movements, she was just "breathing" away...and he was not. The tech told us he had thirty minutes to "breathe" for 30 seconds...so don't worry!
Yeah he "breathed" for maybe five seconds.
Lovely.
So mommy and daddy got to go do a NST (non stress test) for 40 minutes and got the pants nearly scared off of them when they were told that if he didn't pass the test, they would have their birthday TODAY.
Okay I know that one of these times I go I will probably get that news....but it's still scary!! Try to stay in until 34 weeks little ones...please??
Yeah the kids both passed (PHEW) so we were sent on our merry way. We have to do an NST every time we go (twice a week) now...and won't do another growth scan until Tuesday so I have to wait to see how much I'm lugging around :o)
Since our appointment went an hour over schedule we could not go swimming...I had to grab lunch and go to work. It was a great half day...and it felt so weird leaving...for "good". But as I left I could feel the stress peel off of me...which was a wonderful feeling...especially with my little man's new "diagnosis"...it just let me know that "yeah...you should not be working now...focus on you and your little guys!"
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





5 comments:
Close call! Behave yourself little one!!! I am keeping you all in my prayers. Now that you are officially on leave, make sure you pamper yourself (thats an order) :-).
Whew! I'm glad they get to stay in for a little while longer. Hang in there and enjoy not working. Get lots of rest and drink your water! ;)
Hoping the little ones stick in there for a little longer. As you know, I've also been doing twice a week NSTs - fun, fun! But it is comforting to know how closely they are monitoring and, if there is an issue, they can address it quickly. Enjoy your leave and hope you get a chance to use that bathing suit!
Scary!!! So glad they are doing great though!!! It's almost time:)
AAAAH! I can't believe they told you that if they didn't pass, they would be born that day- I bet your heartrate jumped through the roof! I'm so glad that you were able to go on your merry way. I hope you enjoyed your last day at school- was it as surreal for you as it was for me? Did your kids say or do anything cute?
I'm considering putting on my tankini today to see if it would pass for a swimming run to try to alleviate some of the pain-I figure even if it doesn't work, I'll get a good laugh out of trying on my tankini with the huge belly!
About the weight gain- At 6 weeks (with post IVF weight gain) I weighed 141. Before the IVF I weighed around 132. I topped the scales at 201 lbs on Thursday- I am amazed that I made it over 200. Overall my OB suggested 45 lbs total, but two of my co-workers gained 50 and 90 lbs with one, so I'm not stressing too much about it. I'm still wearing some size small maternity pants, so I am not gonna stress about it. I'm more worried at this point about LOSING the 60+ lbs and the scary tummy flap of skin that is sure to be the result.
Post a Comment