How in the world am I supposed to go to work (WITH SHOES ON, IN WINTER) when I sit on my heinie and my feet get THIS BIG??!! Okay I didn't sit on my heinie all day...I went to the baby store for an hour...then I just got back from babysitting my friend's little 10 week old...but I didn't stand much there either! GOOD GRIEF. I just need to keep chugging that water I guess...but can a girl use the bathroom any MORE??!! I'm tempted to flush every three times I go because our water bill is going to be sky high!! (tempted...but I won't...ew)
Guess I'm gonna have to rock honey's shoes soon. Lets see...I'm usually a women's 8 1/2...and he's a men's 10 1/2...hopefully they'll fit!
Yesterday we had our marvelous multiples class. It was quite informative...even got to see an actual birth...placenta and all. Now...I've see an "unedited" birth before...our 10th grade biology teacher thought it was essential to our education to show us....not good (10th grade boys are...well 10th grade boys...they freaked). Maybe she thought it'd be good birth control for us. I dunno. But seeing it NOW...when I have two little beings (and two placentas) that will be needing to make an exit soon definitely changed my perspective on the whole thing.
Yeah I'm scared now.
I know our bodies are made for this...that it can handle it...and that there are glorious things called EPIDURALS....BUT....
Yikes.
My friend with the 10 month old is terrified of having her wisdom teeth pulled out. She refuses to have it done. After seeing that video I told her "GIRL...if you can do THAT...getting your wisdom teeth out is NOTHING!!!" Though you don't have the cute little baby in the end...just a chipmunk face and jello to eat.
ANYHOO...
We also got to meet a couple who brought in their twin 4mo old girls...it was really fun to chat with them and see that they are still alive, showered and sane. They were definitely very real with us and pretty much said our lives are over as soon as those two little darlings arrive...but its a happy kind of over. :o)
I am off to bed...tomorrow I shall enjoy my last day of freedom before I try working again...this snow has been awesome for this point in my pregnancy...still worried about getting back into the work routine though!
Happy Valentines Everyone!!!





12 comments:
Oh my goodness, your poor feet! Bring slippers to school and just wear them once you get inside the door. SIT as much as possible and make your students fetch everything you need. I'll be thinking about you this week! At least it sounds like you get a 4 day week.
OMG, your poor little toes! How soon until you get to stop working? I agree with the slippers comment! Your life as you know it will be over when these two come, but then you get to start on the next stage. Things will never be the same. :)
WHOA about your feet! I hope work lets you stay off them often.
So, does the placenta come out during surgery or do we have to deliver it seperatley? i wondered about that.
i heard they may close schools Tue - HCPS are already closed. No walkways are cleared for walkers and side roads are down to one lane so buses cant get through. We shall see!
:( keep those tootsies elevated! Poor thing :(
wow, we are gonna be at 31 weeks in a couple of days!! Holy schnikeys, not much time left!!
Confession...during the night, I end up getting up 3-4 times and don't flush each time :) Mostly b/c I don't want to disturb my husband even more but also b/c of the water use issue. I won't tell if you won't! And be good to your feet!
Holy COW! Yeesh! You poor thing.
i understand about the swollen feet. My last trimester I wore fleece lined crocs everywhere because nothing else would fit. They looked goofy, but were so comfy! And the best part was, no need for socks! The fleece kept my feet warm.
Hopefully you will find ways to sit more often with your feet up. Good luck!
Maybe this article will help with your swollen feet. http://www.babycenter.com/0_swollen-extremities-edema-during-pregnancy_230.bc
Love you, Mom
Wow that brings back memories as my feet looked just like that when I was pregnant and man they hurt and ached, especially across the top where foot meets ankle. Or should I say cankle in my case at the time! When I was in hospital for the couple of weeks prior to having my son my mum came in every day and would rub cocoa butter lotion on them. No particular medical benefit to cocoa butter - just that I liked the smell and it was nice to have them rubbed. I lived in slippers and bare feet.
You have nothing to worry about. Both birth and recovery are not that bad at all. My biggest fear the entire pregnancy was the epidural (I hate needles) but the iv in my hand was worse than the epidural and then it's a piece of cake. Now I wish I wouldn't have worried about it so much. You'll do great!!!
Girl, I feel for you! I has like that! I had to go buy shoes for my shower because nothing fit!!! Sit down, drink water! Make sure your blood pressure is low! Don't be worried!
Found your blog through Hope in Virginia...I am having boy girl twins as well. Sorry for the swollen piggies...been there...but not that bad! (Yet!)
Good luck with everything...I will be following you blog! :)
Post a Comment