Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Beta # question...

Here is some cute randomness before we get to the question...I so need to get this for my kids...LOL.

Okay...so one of my friends just got the good news that she's PREGGO *clap clap clap*...hooray!! :o) But she doesn't have the lovely blog world to bounce questions off of (she doesn't know what she's missin' *wink*) so I told her I'd ask for her. :o)

So what do you think ladies...

She went in for a blood test...hmmm...I think it was 14dpo and her beta was 215.

Then she went back for her second beta at 21dpo and it was 2702!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now mine at 21dpo was 1320...with TWINS.

I'm thinking that either there is one little guy in there that isn't going ANYWHERE or she's having twins...

What do you all think? I know these numbers are so crazy and everyone can be different...but I just wanted to throw the question out there and see what you all think!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lol, that shirt is so cute! It definitely sounds like your friend is having twins! Please keep us posted.

In response to your question... YES I definitely want to find out what we're having before it's born. I'm so excited to find out. I might be able to find out at my u/s next week, but if not I should definitely be able to (pending baby cooperation) on March 11th! We'll see if you're right.

Momma Wilson said...

What great numbers! I didn't have my levels taken past 15dpo. Sounds like a healthy pregnancy either way though! Congrats to your friend!

Lauren said...

I wouldn't count on two. My beta numbers were higher than a lot of twin mommies. My numbers quadrupled instead of doubling, but I was only carrying one. So it's really impossible to say!

Krisy said...

hmm i'm not sure, did she do ivf? If she did, i'd say twins!

Denecia said...

wow..21 days past...i only had to have 1 beta & it was 516 at 4 weeks, 2 days.

O & I was reading back and I had a 3dt not 5..not sure why I thought that...

WantWait&Pray said...

Sept 29th
1st Beta at 9dp5dt- 107
Oct 1st
2nd Beta at 11dp5dt- 175
Oct 8th
3rd Beta at 17dp5dt-775

These are my beta's....and I am having twins.
My dr said there is no way to tell by beta's whether or not they are multiples because there is such a wide range.
???

Best of luck to your friend- so exciting for her!!!!

Jill said...

It is SOOO hard to tell with just betas -- by 21dpo, even just one day difference in implantation can mean a difference of several thousand units. With my first, I was expecting twins (lost one at 10 weeks), and my beta at the equivalent of 20dpo was 2950. This time (also twins, but both are still going strong), my beta at 21dpo was over 9000! Regardless, her numbers are strong!