No real news to report...just had an OB appointment today...cervix still 5cm...
But...I saw a new OB today (I see a different one nearly every time) and when he saw my ankles he was like "Oh wow...we're getting a little puffy aren't we? Make sure you're drinking lots of fluids so you won't retain so much water."
I was like "Um...well that's hard when you're teaching kindergarten and have to pee every fifteen minutes as it is."
"You're still working??! How far along are you? 31 weeks?? We usually take our twin moms out of work at 28 weeks!!"
Hmmmm...that would have been nice to know...THREE WEEKS AGO!!!
I told him I am definitely getting tired but I was kindof waiting for them to say something...like if my cervix looks bad or something. He said that everything looked great but whenever I needed a note to get out of work he'd write it right up!
I also asked if me not working would be better for my baby boy and he said to definitely consult the specialist....but obviously it wouldn't hurt because me laying down increases the blood flow to the babies.
The specialist only made that one little comment..but didn't demand I leave work then so I guess if he's okay with it I'll see how I do this next week and play it by ear. We shall see.
Okay...that's all for today...specialist appointment 8:30am tomorrow. Oh boy!
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





5 comments:
I would definitely take off work now and get as much rest as you can before the twins arrive. Plus your ankles and feet have to be so uncomfortable.
Talk about a rock star! If you can, take off as much time as possible! It's so worth it ;) And if you qualify for short term disability the insurance companies don't argue with maternity leave - especially with twins :)
You made it to your goal so you can take a break now! I know you are super star but those feet have to hurt! Take care of yourself. :)
Take off! My OB said 28 weeks too, but I am trying to make it to 31 or32. Since you're keeping an eye on your little guy and have swelling, you should totally take advantage of some rest time!!
I think you are a rock star for still being in work still now! Even though the your docs have not offically taken you out- you should take yourself out! Am I counting all the days you have to miss- the doctor appointments? Three a week? I agree with Luck Jones- check about Short Term Dis. I may not comment much, but I think about you all the time. <3
Post a Comment