After my first day back to work after nearly a week and a half off I went to see the specialist.
We had the last appointment of the day so everyone was ready to get out of there. Not the best when you're trying to figure out what's wrong with your little man! But I did get to see the doctor that I LOVE and he actually sat down with us and explained things...so here's what he said:
First of all....he wants to see me TWICE a week now. He said he is a "paranoid old man" and just wants to keep any eye on things. He said he doesn't want me to freak out because both my kiddos are thriving right now. If things were really bad some red flags would be 1) low amniotic fluid 2) low birth weight.
He said that when the heart beats, blood flows through the umbilical cord. Baby boy has high blood pressure in his cord, so when his heart beats, it pushes the blood and in the second it doesn't beat, the blood stands still (when it should still be moving) because of the pressure pushing from the other side. They are concerned when the blood starts backing up...in which case he said we would take the babies out right then.
Ahhh...NOW it all is clear. Way more clear than "functioning abnormally"...how deliciously vague. I am going to personally request the doc that I love from now on...forget Mr. Vagueness. From the sounds of it he wants to keep a personal eye on my little guy and said (probably because I was lookin' a little scared) "We aren't going to let anything happen to that little boy...we are going to keep a close eye on him...don't worry!"
He said that normally this is something they would see in twins who share a placenta, but for some reason my boy has this issue. He said we may never know what's causing it.
In lighter more enjoyable news...my baby boy has hair! DH and I (and our siblings) were bald as bald can be when we came out...but the u/s tech said there was definitely some hair on that little guys head! Too funny. We'll see what's going on when he comes out!
My sister came in town for the appointment and is now helping me out around the house (vacuuming the stairs...carrying laundry downstairs)...what a great sister!! :o)
I go back to the specialist Friday morning (thank goodness for our two hour delays for the rest of the week!!!
When I told the doctor I am a teacher he asked me what grade and when I said kindergarten his eyes got big and with a smile on his face he said...
"Oh wow...we're going to have to figure out a way to get you out of that soon!"
I told him "Yes please, any time." *wink*
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





8 comments:
Glad to hear you finally got an explanation! Sounds like your Dr is really taking all precautions, which is great!
Thinking about you! And your little guy will be just fine :)
So glad to hear you have an explanation -- sounds like you are in great hands!
Glad things make more sense! It is so nervracking having no idea what the docs are talking about! My son was not getting 100% bloodflow through the cord so they started the non-stress tests. They didn't explain it well to me either so I panicked!I went into labor at 33 weeks 5 days. I think the little guy just knew he was hungry and needed to come out:)
What an awesome doctor! Glad you got the explanation you needed and of course deserved! Will continue praying but you are obviously in awesoe hands!!!
Oh! I'm so glad you got a doc who actually explains things to you. :) What a relief it will be to keep a close eye on them two times a week now! Keep it up girl!
Yes, you need to get out of that! I'm a teacher too, and I was 30 weeks pregnant when I got taken off work because of an injury.
Strangely, despite my massive pain and inability to do anything but sit around, I'm almost thankful for my injury. I was completely and utterly exhausted, sore, and overwhelmed when I went back for 3 weeks after Christmas break. And I'm only carrying one baby!
Hopefully you'll be done soon.
I'm praying for you and your babies all the time!! Can't wait to see ya tomorrow!!! :)
glad they are both doing good!! you definately need to get out of teaching!!
Post a Comment