Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Carter's Coming Home!!

We got the news last night that Carter was able to get out of his isolette so daddy headed over there to give them the carseat so he could try to do the carseat test before he gets circumscised today and then heads home around 6pm!

I am excited...but soooooooo nervous to get this little boy home!! I'm able to handle his sister really well...if her feeding schedule changes a little, I can accomodate her. But if he's here...I'll have to switch him too...and I really need to make sure he keeps gettin' chubby!! I think I may have daddy be in charge of Carter for the next couple of days...on the bottle with my milk so that I can see exactly what he is consuming. I just don't want him to have to go back to the NICU!!

I am feeling good. I'm sleeping when Caelyn sleeps starting after the 6pm feeding and sleep between feedings until the 9am feeding. She had a couple nights in the beginning when she would SCREAM for an hour or two around 11pm-1pm. It was tiring especially when we had doctors appointments and were trying to visit Carter a couple times a day. The past two nights have been WONDERFUL and she's been so content so momma is feeling good too! The c-section wasn't too horrible....I'm getting around pretty easily...I've even had four showers since they've been born!! :o) Yesterday I actually blow dried my hair and put on lotion...man it felt so good to feel like a woman again! Not going to attempt makeup yet...then I'll have to wash it off before bed..what a waste of time!! :o)

Carter is weighing in at 4lbs 8oz...so pretty close to his birth weight. Caelyn was weighing 5lbs 50z on Monday...so she's still a ways off from her 5lb 15oz birthweight. I'm hoping she has gained some weight when we go to our drs appt. tomorrow!! She's eating pretty well...but yesterday she kept spitting up a lot. She needs to keep that in there!!

The other day DH went out to visit Carter while I took care of Caelyn at home...when he came home he had a jewelry bag in his hand (he doesn't buy me jewelry very often so I was quite surprised!). Inside was a beautiful ring with two aquamarine stones on it (the kiddo's birthstone!). He said that it was my "push gift"...or "cut gift" since I had a c-section. Man...it doesn't take much to make me cry...and I was sobbing....what a great husband!! I guess I'll keep him around *wink*

15 comments:

jenicini said...

Yay, your boy is coming home! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing okay. That was a sweet gesture from your hubby! :)

Mom Genes said...

Yay for Carter!
Get home to Mama baby boy!
Bigs hugs to you...

Lucky Jones said...

YAY!!!! I am so happy Carter is coming home! And what a sweet husband you have there :) I'm so so happy for you!

Holly said...

So glad baby Carter is coming home tonight. It's such a relief to have your kiddos both home and in your care. The one good thing that came out of our nicu stay was I had a lactation nurse everyday. You can do it!!!

Cadie said...

Yea! So happy to hear your little boy is coming home. We have been keeping him in our prayers. Also, we learned that the 'swaddle me' (you can find at babys r us), works wonders! Congratulations again to your family of four! :)

Cadie said...

Yea! So happy to hear your little boy is coming home. We have been keeping him in our prayers. Also, we learned that the 'swaddle me' (you can find at babys r us), works wonders! Congratulations again to your family of four! :)

Jennifer said...

Yay for Carter coming home! That's awesome! I'm sure that it won't take you too long to adjust to both of them. I just hope that you're able to get some good rest in there. That was really thoughtful of your husband.

Jo said...

Awww what a beautiful gift your husband got you and also congrats on Carter coming home. Thats great news

Anonymous said...

What GREAT news! How exciting! I bet he's ready to be home with his family!

We brought the first one home a week before the other, too, and the second just fell right into sister's schedule! It worked out so well, as I'm sure it will for you all, too! Good Luck and enjoy your little miracles!

Jen J. said...

Awww, I'm so happy your lil guy is coming home! Your hubby is the sweetest!

Ashley said...

Congrats! What a thoughtful gift from your hubby! Big brownie points there!!

Anonymous said...

I dropped some hints about wanting something aquamarine, too! Ended up getting a beautiful bracelet - not aquamarine but very precious. Maybe the aquamarine will come for mothers day :) Can't wait to hear how little Carter is doing. It really sounds like you've settled nicely into mommyhood! Hopefully you can get out and enjoy the beautiful weather we are supposed to have this weekend!

Once Upon A Time said...

So happy for you- I bet by now your family of 4 has gotten into a great groove. Just remember, some days are better than others, so if you have a rough day, a good one has got to be just around the corner! :)

Once Upon A Time said...

BTW, I think it's time for you to change your title, momma!

Kelli said...

Hooray!!! :)