I'm trying really hard to keep my footing when it seems like my whole world is just spinning around. Spoke with the MIL and she's still staying at the other house regardless. I feel better about the whole situation after sitting down and talking with her. She seems to understand and have reasonable ideas that back up her decisions.
Then my washer broke. Seriously...(this is my word of the month...SERIOUSLY??!!!)...all my appliances are going on the fritz the two months before Christmas...its cool...the only credit card we own is one to Home Depot...so I guess we're good.
Then DH went to the dentist yesterday. The cool thing is his Aunt is the hygienist...I guess...the mouth (I feel) is a very personal thing. I have a friend who is a hygienist and she always wants me to come over to her practice so that she can have me as a patient.
Um...that's a big fat NO!! I can see it now. I'm in the chair, mouth wide open, her picking away...then she says "Hey...look...its a popcorn kernel from when we went to the movies two weeks ago..wow that's been in there a while!!" Embarrassing!!
ANYWAYS...so DH goes his aunt explains to him that the weird thing about his bite is his teeth are right on top of eachother...all of them...even the front ones. She told him that if he does not get surgery soon he will be grinding his teeth down to the nerves. Therefore his teeth will have to be pulled out and he will need fake teeth.
Ready...all together now...
SERIOUSLY!!!!???????????!!!!!!
So this surgery means his jaw will have to be broken, set back and then his mouth will have to be wired shut for a couple months. No work. Drink through straw. OH MY GOSH.
That just scares me. He said he'll even look different afterwards...which...hey I look different than when we got married...an extra 30lbs will do that to ya!! (again...thank you infertility) But the idea of them BREAKING his jaw...and then him not working..($$$$$$$???)...
The good thing about all this (okay I'm really trying hard here...) is that I haven't been stressing about every twinge and ache that happens below my belly button for the past two days. Okay...not totally true...my ovaries keep aching on and off randomly throughout the day (which I hear is overstimulation or something)...but I haven't been stressing about it. A massage is a good idea though. Might have to schedule one of those!
No symptoms 8dpiui...had a case of the sniffles...but its freezing in my house...freezing at work and freezing outside...so the weather is certainly calling for a runny nose. *sigh* I'm really thinking this is a no go...*sigh again*
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





3 comments:
Ok, you need to take a huge deep breath!!! I would not do anything at all without getting a 2nd or
3rd opinion from a dentist/oral surgeon.
My stepfather needed all his teeth pulled last yr at 54 and it was all bad. I can tell you the story via email if you ever want to hear it, but I do not want to stress you out ;)
I have gained almost 60lbs thanks to IF - fun stuff. :(
There is a small possibilty that if you are pg, that the combination of hcg, stims and trigger that you could be mildly overstimming, but I think it is pretty rare in IUI. Hopefully it is nothing.
Hoping your BFP is just a few days away!!! Thinking of you!
You have just absolutely way too much on your plate. And yes, I would get at least a second opinion also. That's just crazy! Wired shut for a couple of months??? No food??? I just wouldn't know what to do without food, thanks to infertility also. And on another note, it's very early still so try not to get discouraged. It may or may not take a few tries to get that BFP we all want for you but I'm confident it's going to happen so just hang in there!
Oh and I tagged you!
Post a Comment