I feel like I'm doing a lot of complaining on my blog lately....but once again SERIOUSLY it keeps piling on.
I mentioned earlier that Sweet Pea was limping around. The vet said give her a week, the x-rays looked fine. So that was last monday and we gave her a week, but she's still limping. I took her in yesterday and the bone specialist guy was in and he said "I warned the other vet about this...if you waited another week she'd never walk on that leg again"
"WHAT??!!!"
So she has avascular neucropsy of the femural something or another. Pretty much the ball of her hip is dying. She was dropped by a friend of mine a couple days after we got her, and when I held her (yelping hysterically) after the fall I heard a pop. When I went to the vet for her first checkup I mentioned this and the first vet said if she's not limping or having any trouble with it don't worry about it. Yet here we are nearly five months later and I guess it did have a serious effect on her little bone.
So she need surgery.
A.S.A.P
$1,987.86
Great.
I just keep asking God WHY do bad things keep happening? Why have the past three months been hell on earth? My parents are still at my house and when I mentioned how we seem to have an awful streak going they just said "That's life honey".
Is this really life? Is this how its going to be? One awful thing after another...I must have been SO sheltered for the first 25 years of my life. I remember bad things happening occasionally...not all clumped together so you can't take a breath in between.
We were almost late to the movies last night because of Sweet Pea's appointment. We were going to see Marley and Me with the girl who dropped Sweet Pea (okay I've forgiven her already...she felt awful when it happend! Sorry about the horrible label) and her husband. The whole way to the theater we were talking about all that money and DH said it wouldn't be so bad to have a three legged dog (WHAT??!!!) and maybe we should just leave it be.
Thankfully after seeing that movie and crying our eyes out (okay he didn't cry...but he was "sad") he had a different perspective. He was like "We'll do whatever it takes for her to be healthy again...I'll work more overtime...."
That's something that is definitely a good thing...he can work overtime to help fund the horrible random mishaps that seem all too common in my house recently. Though he is getting VERY tired out. I would work overtime at my job if I could...wait...I DO work overtime at my job...but they don't like to pay teachers for that kind of thing...boo.
Okay enough complaining. My Christmas was decent. The FIL only caused a couple awkward moments, so that was good. Christmas with my family was great...we ended up staying up til 2am on Saturday opening gifts (we started at 10pm Friday...) so that was kindof different...but still fun.
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas...I thought of you often!!
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





3 comments:
Hate to tell you, but like your mom said, "That's life". Sucks sometimes. We just need to weigh the good from the bad and be thankful that the people most important to us are alive and healthy and just really put things in perspective. It's a harsh reality but so true. I think we all have had that defining moment in our lives that we ask ourselves, "is this what life is really like?". I am not a pet owner so I can't say for sure what I would do in your situation but I know you'll do what is best. Maybe you can work out some kind of payment plan with the vet. I hope everything works out for you and am glad that you had a pretty decent Christmas. Keep us posted on your Sweet Pea.
Poor Sweet Pea! I am sorry you have had a run of bad news lately - it really does sometimes go that way. I think we are all ready for a new year!
Glad the holiday was not too bad!
Oh no -- poor Sweet Pea! I know we've all had those moments where everything goes wrong at once -- and usually everything that goes wrong is majorly expensive to fix. The good news is that those periods are usually followed by periods of peace. Keep us posted on poor Sweet Pea!
Post a Comment