Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Another update...


This is a picture of Sweet Pea the day we got her home...she's such a little princess! :o)

We are traveling to VA today so that Sweet Pea can have her surgery. My sister is a vet tech and her vet said he'd done the procedure 75 times and felt very comfortable doing it. He also mentioned that instead of charging us nearly $2,000, he would charge $700. Please say a little prayer for Sweet Pea...she's so small...I'm pretty nervous about this surgery!! We also asked him to spay her while she's under so she won't have to go through surgery again anytime soon.

She'll have to live with my future BIL while she is recovering, as they will not be able to do the surgery until Monday and I have to work all week. I will pick her up next weekend. Hopefully she won't get too stressed out being in a new place. She got to know my BIL a little bit over the Christmas break, but pretty much she doesn't like anyone but my husband and I (typical chihuahua).
Another prayer request that I have is for my grandpa. My parents have lived in WA state for the past year and a half taking care of my dad's parents. My grandma passed away a couple months ago (she had emphazema (sp??) and got pneumonia pretty bad) and my grandfather has a form of MS and has been slowly deteriorating. He was just released from the hospital, but my mom just e-mailed me and said that he is unable to get out of bed. (He already has a motorized wheelchair and a lift to get him out of bed...so he wasn't that mobile before, but now its even worse). Once again my heart breaks the most for my dad...who recently lost his mom...and now is slowly losing his father. I cannot imagine what he is going through right now.
I had the weirdest dream last night (I'm not sure what we ate...but DH had a weird dream last night too...only his was about getting half a tattoo on his hand...odd). I dreamt that I was getting married again (to my husband) and I remember thinking it was so weird that I got to have two wedding days to the same man. This time though, I was waiting at the alter and he had to walk down the isle (I was wearing the dress though...and he was wearing the suit). We were about to get started when the pastor started a skit/sermon and told me that I was going to have to come up with one sentence to describe what the sermon meant to me. I don't remember the sermon, but I do remember my sentence. It was "Less me, more Him".
I've been really struggling with what I'm supposed to be learning through all this...things keep happening...and they are growing me into a different person. But unfortunately lately that person has been a very bitter, emotional and angry one. I've been focusing a lot on myself, when I need to be focusing on what God is trying to tell me...what His plan is. I pray that I can be less stubborn...more open to what He wants...
I also wonder about the fact that in my dream my husband was walking down the isle...does that mean I've been trying to be the head of the household? That I need to let my husband lead this family more? I definitely can see that I've tried to take the reins in a lot of situations.
I'm not much of a dreamer...and don't take much stock in what I dream about when I do dream. But this one kindof stuck out to me, especially with my current struggles.
Well I need to start getting ready to take little Sweetie to VA!
Happy New Year to you all! It's so strange that it's 2009...I seriously thought either the world would have ended by now, or we would be living like the Jetsons... :o) Praying for you all!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good luck to the pup! I will be thinking of her. I would be a wreck if it were Libby! Sounds like she is in great hands and I am glad you are saving some money!

Praying for your family!