Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

Ahhhhh....Motrin is goooood.....

Shortly after posting yesterday I felt another wave of Edward coming....so I rushed downstairs, grabbed some pills, a water bottle and ran upstairs to where my hubby was sleeping. I curled around him (he's my heat pad) and started sobbing...the pain was sooooooooo bad. I started shivering from the pain and my teeth started chattering. It was so bad!! I asked him to start the shower for me cuz sometimes that helps, but NOT this time...I was on the floor, too weak to stand up...crying in the shower. I finally asked him to get me some motrin from the store (I had ran out and ended up using tylenol, but that just doesn't get the job done for me) and a heating pad.

When he got back I took the medicine, crawled into bed with the heating pad and fell asleep (it was 5:30pm. I woke up at like 7:30, still in pain but SWEATING cuz the heating pad was still on me, took that off and then fell back asleep. I woke up again at 5:40am. WOW. Guess I was a little exhasted! My alarm was set for 5:55 so I figured I'd just get up and shower for my appointment. I felt pretty good...a little sore but I could actually function.

Got to the office and immediately told the Dr. about my issues, but he was like "Some women just have really bad cramps...and women with endo usually have it pretty bad too" Ugh. I told him I was really interested to see what was going on in there to cause so much pain and so he continued with the ultrasound.

NOTHING. *sigh* There was nothing abnormal in there, and he said the only thing that was different was that my endometrioma was smaller. (yay...I think...) Then we were in his office trying to decide what to do for this cycle. I expressed to him my concern that I only had 2 more tries covered by insurance and I really wanted to make them count. He suggested maybe injectables, but said we couldn't do them for this cycle as they need preapproval or it could cost me $1,000 (something I REALLY don't need at this moment).

So, we are going to double my clomid doses and start them earlier (today)+++++++++++++++++++++++ (sorry...that was a little gift from my cat...he just decided to sit on the edge of the keyboard...he wanted to put his two cents in.) I guess he thinks that us deciding to do the clomid is a "positive" thing. HA HA.

ANYHOO...we're gonna see what the clomid does and then if it looks promising we'll move forward with the IUI, if not, we'll just try on our own. I was quite happy with that idea...I definitely don't want to waste anything thats FREE!!! I'm not too psyched about injectables, but I've heard of some people having better results with them...so if it comes to that I'm just going to have to deal!!!

Its weird going into this with the whole adoption thing in the back of my mind...it really feels like the pressure is off. Which is REALLY REALLY nice.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm sorry about the pain. I was convinced that I had endo for years because the first two days of AF I can't get out of bed I'm in so much pain. My OB and RE recommended the "Aleve trick" -- start taking the max dose of Aleve the day before AF starts. It is truly AMAZING how much this has helped me -- my periods are completely different now, and lighter, too. Ask your doc first, since you're doing treatments, but mine said it was fine to do as long as I had a negative beta or HPT. GOOD LUCK with the clomid!

ashley said...

I found that with cramps to always, always keep motrin in your system. My drug of choice was advil and the minute I felt my period coming I shoved it down every four hours. I don't know if that's healthy or not but I didn't feel the cramps. I just talked to my doctor today and we have about 300-500 units of our gonal-f pen left that we had asked if we could give to a patient that needed it and they said we could. That much could probably get you through a cycle depending on what your doctor would dose you at (mine had us at 75 a day). Some docs use both the pill and the injectibles together too. If you're interested we'd be more than happy to send it to you. Leave your email address on my blog and we can discuss further details if you would like. If not that's okay too. ;)

Emily said...

Oh honey! That sounds terrible. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Hope this IUI is it for you!!

Ashley said...

Hi!! I found your blog through Ashley's blog. GOOD LUCK with everything. I know exactly what your are going through!! PS. I"m also a teacher. I teach Prekindergarten. Have a great week!

ME! said...

Hey there! I found your blog on another blog. I am just getting started on this journey and love being able to read other people's stories. It is hard to find people going through this in "real life", and honestly I don't want every Tommita, Dickie, and Harriet knowing what is going on (real life).
I feel your pain- uh, literally. I have endo- dx 10+ years ago. I struggle the longer I am off of BCPs- I can feel it more each month with abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea, etc. I cried when they took Vioxx off the market. It was great. Motrin is the best- it blocks the prostaglandins that cause the cramps. I start taking low doses 2 days before my period. Then knock back 800mg two times a day my first two days. It is the only way I can survive. I would imagine all the extra hormones you are taking are flaring it up more. GOOD LUCK!! I hope 2009 is a great year to you.