Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Yeah...on my mind a lot these days. The dollar sign. How am I gonna save enough? Every time I turn off a light in my house I'm like...yep...there's another 2 cents I'm saving...you go girl!

Weird thing is...I've been praying...for the money thing...and like I said yesterday, hopefully we've got Sweet Pea's surgery covered. Yesterday I also got a call from a guy I babysat for months ago and he wants me to work every week (just totally out of the blue he calls me!). Then today DH's brother called DH today (he's 20) and said he wants to move out of his parents house and live with us (remember, his parents are going through the split...but are now living together...which is probably a bit tense). He said he'd pay rent.

$$$$$$$

Now let me say...God certainly is providing...BUT (oh man...should I even say it?) its not exactly how I would have planned....well....

1) I quit that babysitting job months ago because the oldest kid (4 yr. old) was biting, hitting and screaming at me (this was only like 3 times, but it was in public and generally I can handle these situations (being a teacher and all) but this child has special needs and it was...rough). Also, as my "infertile" self, it was hard for me to be around the baby. The situation just wasn't healthy for me right then (especially with drama brewing in the family & family-in-law). So going back there...isn't ideal.

2) We just had DH's mother and younger brother move out. We are just getting used to having our house to ourselves again...and sortof are out of the middle of in-law drama. So having his brother move in...and have his girlfriend coming over all the time (UM NOT SLEEPING OVER..NOT IN MY HOUSE!!!)...a little weird. I think I'd have more rules for that kid in my house than he has with his mom!!!!!!!

And yet...could I tough it out for a few months...for an extra...I dunno...$250 a month...?

Maybe......

That's what I'm struggling with right now...

Can I really say....thanks God...but no thanks???

Probably not.

Guess I'd better start praying for some patience....

2 comments:

Jill said...

Well, if nothing else, I think it is wonderful that you have some options -- regardless of whether they are right for you or not. :)

ashley said...

Think carefully about your decisions, is an extra $250 a month really worth the extra stress that you will be taking on? Hope everything works out for the best.