I haven't had a chance to post...but here's what happened the next morning after I posted when my hubby came home from work:
DH: So you do have any breaks at work today?
Me: (Looking at him strangely) Umm...yeah...the kids have art.
DH: Well I have something you might be interested in looking at. Do you remember that guy I told you about that I work with? The one who adopted all those chinese kids?
Me: Yeah.
DH: Well he ended up working with me all last night and I found out his wife is a blogger too just like you. And I got her e-mail address just in case you have any questions about anything.
Me: Thanks! (Inside I'm like WHAT...SWEET...WOWWOWOOWWWOW)
DH: Oh...and I found something new out tonight. He has three kids from china, but the first kid he adopted was from Russia.
Me: OH MY GOSH.........................
So then inbetween me trying to put on my makeup and dry my hair we're exploring this couple's blog and adoption websites...it was kinda fun! I haven't contacted her yet. I didn't feel like I knew enough about all this to really have any educated questions for her.
My work blocks blogs so I couldn't check it out on my break, but I did look into Christian Adoption Agencies...and some of them had estimated costs...yeah we're looking at $45,000-65,000 to adopt in Russia....WOW (this is with all the fees and the travel/hotel stays). Remember my fridge AND washer just broke...yeah I have NOOOOO money right now. (not that I figured adoption would be cheap...but I was hoping for $20,000-25,000)
So today I started looking up "How to Afford Adoption". I found a website with a lot of cool ideas...and one even had a link to travel help. I checked it out and found out that Northwest Airlines has something called "Special Delivery" where they offer 65% off plane tickets for parents that are adopting, as well as 65% off the child's ticket. They also realize that your time in the country may be delayed and you may get late notice for stuff so they don't penalize you for it!!! Cool. Adoption is still not affordable for me this second...but that's a glimmer of hope! I'm going to have to continue to do some research.
Anyhoo...so for now that's all...on that topic anyway...still praying!!!
Sweet Pea is still with my sister, but her vet did not want to go ahead with the surgery, calling it "premature". So he put her on some anti-inflammitory medication. The radiologist at my vet said that she needed the surgery ASAP, but her vet said he didn't see any documentation from him. However, if indeed the radiologist recommended this surgery, then he would go ahead with it. *sigh* Hopefully the little girl will turn out okay...this is so much running around!!!
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





3 comments:
Wow -- sounds like maybe you are being given some good signs! I'll keep on praying for you!
Whatever path you decide to go down, I hope it works out for you. You got a lot of praying and a lot of thinking to do. Good luck!
By the way, I tagged you (x2) on my blog if you're bored! :)
Post a Comment