Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One step forward...

Two steps back.



I'm totally in the money saving mode now...I do almost everything in the dark...my fridge is nearly bare....I haven't bought anything "unecessary" in two weeks...thats pretty good for me! (Okay I've had Starbucks twice...but that was with a Christmas gift card!!)



Then hubby shows me his $300 speeding ticket. Marvelous.



Then I come home from work today...Buttercup (our red boston terrier) is yelping when we pet her along her rib cage. OH BOY. Come to find out one of our cats may have gotten into a fight with her today...we've had this dog for three years and she doesn't even interact with the cats!! And they ignore her!! So that was a $158 trip to the vet and they shaved her down in spots so shes...ugly. :o) Poor baby.





Yeah...you can tell by the pic, she's not happy. Her face much reflects my mood as well. Especially since AF reared her ugly head about five minutes ago. I'm not as disappointed this time though...just focusing on...the next cycle...and that little "maybe" that could be miles away...

Speaking of which, I spoke with the mother of my Russian student today. She had wanted to bring in invitations for her daughter's birthday but the secretary shooed her away saying we didn't do that type of thing. Uhhh....its kindergarten!!!!!!!! So I called her up and told her to bring them to me. Then I mentioned that I may be looking into adopting in Russia or Ukraine, but I was in the very VERY beginning stages of exploring it.....but.....would she be interested in teaching me Russian in a few months if things started working out?

She said she'd love to!!

YAY!

They may be moving before her daughter gets back from Russia and therefore, she may end up going to a new school, so I wanted to make sure I talked with the mother to see if I had her permission to hang on to her cell number before that happend. Didn't want to totally stalk her! :o)

Trying to remain...focused...and positive.

I read online today about a couple who was going to adopt and when the money was nearly due, somehow they could not access their funds. They were devastated...but the woman said "This is just going to make it that much more amazing when God makes this happen" and sure enough, the $12,000 they needed came right before the deadline.

So even though my money saving has been...well...less fruitful than I'd hoped....I think God knows my heart...and if he wants this to happen....

It will.

2 comments:

ashley said...

I hope so! It will be interesting to learn how this whole process works.

Emily said...

That's a whooper of a speeding ticket!!!

You are at the vet more than we are!! :)

Are you guys excited for the Ravens game this weekend?