My husband went to Bass Pro at the beginning of hunting season and bought a deer camera. Pretty much you strap it to a tree and it takes pictures of whatever is moving. Ahhhh...man hobbies. Yes, I also have a "man cave" which is also dedicated to his hobby...therefore I have two deer heads, a pheasant, a fox and several deer skulls in my guest bedroom. Anybody want to come over? :o) Oh...and there is a piranha in a rather large fish tank in the corner. Like I said...MAN CAVE. I feel bad for our guests, but the craft room (with the sewing machine and computer) does not need deer heads...the extra room is completely BARE (waiting for...well you know...) and of course I will not have a deer head in my room staring at me while we....*ahem*...we have enough stress on that part of the relationship as it is...don't need an audience!! Thanks!!! *wink* So the guest room it is! Welcome!!!
I decided to just "go with it" and found a comforter at Kohls that looked like it would be at a cabin. Ta-dah!!
Anyhoo...on the adoption forefront, hubby is getting pretty excited...and we are starting to look around our house and see what we need to do to be home study ready. I have a really old bathtub in the "kids bathroom" and most of it is okay, but the bottom is a little rusted. For people who shower its okay cuz I just put down a mat and you would never know, but bathing babies...NO WAY!!! So we need to get that replaced...we're working to save up the money to do so. I have my thermostat set to 68 (usually its at 70)....only had it there for like four days...but I'M FREEZING!!! Gotta save money where we can though! I've found its a good motivator to clean...helps get the blood flowing!! :o) I'm not sure if that's still high? What do you all keep your thermostat at? I would like to turn it off during the day, but I don't want to freeze the doggies!
At the rate we're going, the homestudy may not happen until late spring early summer, but I'm using this time to prepare my home and trying to educate myself on different orphan behaviors and disorders.
If we DO end up getting pregnant on one of my upcoming IUIs, getting the house ready and cleaning would not have been in vain (and from what I hear you get kindof tired when preggo...so giving the house a deep cleaning is always good!). I would also like to pursue adoption in the future, even with biological kids...so I guess its a win-win situation. Plus I feel less stressed because I have something else to focus my energy on...which is really nice.
Gotta get back to work!!!





3 comments:
Always nice to focus your energy in other directions to help get your mind off of things. I'm looking forward to hearing about the whole adoption process. And, we keep our thermostat at 74. Yes, I know that's high but I hate to be cold. Our gas and electric was $800 for two months! So, I don't recommend setting it that high. Since then we've gotten on a yearly budget and our payments are not near that amount. Good luck!
I am so excited for you guys -- it sounds like you are moving forward!!
We used to keep our thermostat at 68, but now for Ava we keep it around 70-72 (but she is a hot water bottle). Our heating bills have definitely increased!
Look at you with your new plan! I can tell how excited you are!
We keep ours at 67-68 unless we have a fire going then we turn it wayyyy down to 65. We keep it at 65 at night - we like it cool to sleep. I keep it like 66 or 67 for Libby while we aren't home. My BGE bills are usually between $200-$300 in the winter. We seal all the patio doors, skylights etc with the plastic and make sure all the weather stripping is tight. We also keep the vents closed in the guest rooms and rooms we don't use as often. It all adds up to a savings!
Post a Comment