Well finally we get some good snow...its about time! Too bad I still had to go to work today...it was a teacher work day and I guess they figure all teachers have four wheel drive! We got out early though...which was good because the RE called me and asked if I could come in this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning because of the snow/ice issue.
I went in and they got me in the stirrups in no time...the past two times I've been in there they have had a medical student in there observing.
The RE is always like "And those are her ovaries...and notice the endometrioma...right there...see it?"
And I'm like...thanks guy. Don't I have to sign a release to have my body donated to science? :o)
Today however, the student was quite into my endometrioma and so after he pointed it out, she didn't skip a beat...just reached over and grabbed the little wandy thing(what on earth is it...the stick sonogram thingy...you know what I mean) and started jamming it around...and he relinquished the controls just like that...either that or she had her hand over his...the sheet was in the way a bit...but that girl wasn't nice with the wandy thing.
Weird.
Awkward.
Finally I guess she saw all she wanted and they were done. *phew*
Unfortunately he says I'm progressing rather "slowly". Which is not really slow for me because I usually ovulate the 17-21 day of my cycle. But he said that I only had one follicle that looked like it would have the potential to get big enough.
Bummer.
Clomid...not my drug I guess. So I'm thinking its on to injectables...which scares me a little. But I can do it...I know I can!! *sigh*
I go back in on Friday so we'll see if I grow a couple more good ones in that time. If not...DH will be really happy cuz he's going to get super lucky over the next two weeks!!
I got this book the other day called "The Ultimate Guide to Adoption". Its pretty informative and has answered most of my questions so far. Its also helping me not get too stressed about this cycle...which is wonderful! I'm still struggling with having one foot in the "conception" doorway and the other in the "adoption" doorway...but its only matter of months before I'll know which door is wide open and which one is closed! (for the time being anyway...who knows!)
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





5 comments:
Yay snow! I am loving it. ooh - you had a date with the dildo cam! fun stuff! sorry things are slow - your book sounds informative.
I have never let a student be present in any of my exams or anything for that matter. I know everyone needs to learn somewhere, but they don't need to learn on me. Okay, I'm only that way for gyno and ob visits. I that this one egg they saw will be the one and then the injectibles will be a moot point anyway! Hope the book gives you more answers to your questions. It has to be hard for you thinking of both, natural conception and adoption. Hang in there!
Sucks about the snow, but YEAH that they got you in! That is good. Hopefully you will progress and get some more follies! I am a slow one too. I ovulated day 20to 23 of a 32 day cycle. My RE said "That is just strange" :) I love to make an impression!! Good Luck Chickie!
Ill be hoping that follie gets big...you only need 1:)
Have you tried femara/letrozole? I had a horrible response to clomid (for four cycles)with my OB, so my RE suggested trying femara. I had few side effects, plus I produced two or three good size follicles each time (as opposed to NONE on clomid). We had male factor issues as well, so femara alone wasn't enough, but it might be a good thing for you (and is much easier/less expensive than injectibles). Maybe mention that and see what your doc says?
Post a Comment