Sorry...too many posts in too little time...I know...BUT....when you've got stuff on your mind (and lots of TIME like I do) you just gotta blog it out!!!
So since we started trying to concieve I haven't let myself buy too much baby stuff. The only things I bought were within the first two months of trying...and then it just hurt too much to stare at the stuff so I stopped...and now they are sitting in a closet *sigh*

Now these I am so glad I bought because I have tried to buy them for friends as they got preggo, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere! And when I bought them they were $1.50 at K-mart!! Too cute!!!
These I bought at the goodwill for $3...I just thought they were adorable.
So there you have it. My baby collection...getting dusty...*sigh*
But our pending IVF has given me hope again!!! So I decided to buy something for our baby...and for myself. Since I'm going to be going through all these shots and yucky procedures I figured I'd need something to keep myself focused on the end result.
I asked DH if we could go to Build-A-Bear and make a stuffed animal for our baby that I could hold when I get my shots and take to my doctor's appointments in case I get nervous. He was excited about the idea too so off we went!



You have to kiss the hearts before you put them in your stuffed animal...and you have to make a wish...can you guess what we wished for???? :o)

After it gets stuffed you have to "clean it"....look at that guy...what a great dad already!!! :o) Yeah he was pretty embarrassed that I was taking pictures of all this :o)

Ta-Dah!!! Introducing Espie!!! I wanted to name our stuffed animal Esperanza which means "hope" in spanish...but DH wanted the dog to be a boy so its named Espie. :o) I put him in scrubs because he's going to be my little boo boo doggie!!

And so now Espie is safe at home...doing some research with me. My little buddy!! Can't wait to give him to baby!!!
4 comments:
Hey there, I'm taggin' you with the Honest Scrap Award for your honest and heartfelt posts!
Congratulations!!!
http://tootles23.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-first-award.html
And now you have another topic to blog about with all that free time you have. :)
OMG You guys are too funny and cute and me and my hubby would totally do the same thing :)
http://wondrafulbaby.blogspot.com/
That's such a great idea to get a teddy bear for you now and your baby later. You'll have quite the story to pass on to your little one when they get older.
First of I LOVE the snug as a bug picture frames. How flippin' cute!!!! The idea of getting a build a bear is AWESOME! I am totally going to do that whenever I get to a place that has one...actually the city we are going to go for our IVF has one....kismet! I love that you photographed all of it- LOVE IT.
Oh, cool idea I saw somewhere...take a picture with your baby on her birth day (like day one of life, not 1 year) next to the Espie..then at one month, two months, three months. I saw that done somewhere on a blog- and it was so CUTE! Putting the baby near something to reference the size was great!
Thanks for all your sweet commments on my blog- I appreciate it!
Post a Comment