Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer is...

BOOORRRINNGGG...plus I haven't seen sun for three days now. Its pouring right now. I can't even lay out and get a super awesome tan!! Oh well...I've just been cleaning the house and organizing and trying not to spend too much money!!! (Shopping is one of my favorite pastimes...and I haven't got much else to do!!!)

DH DVRed the show "Baby Lab" for us to watch the other day. Pretty much it chronicles couples as they try to achieve pregnancy through IVF. Definitely showed the shots...and a lot of butts...could have gone without seeing the butt shot...that thing is...a little too close to four inches long it looked like to me...OH BOY. I can't decide if it was such a great idea to watch, but I guess I'd rather try to prepare myself now. Definitely feeling a bit nervous...I know I'm just going to sit there and cry when it comes to shot time...when I was little (okay even in high school) I would sing "Jesus Loves Me" whenever I got shots because I was so nervous...it made me feel better! I'm worried about DH too...he looked even more nervous than me when the video showed those husbands sticking their wives heinies...I asked him if he thought he'd be able to do it and he just hugged me really tight...

May have to come up with a backup plan! :o)

I'm officially going to take my third sugar pill this evening...which means I get to call the drs office on Saturday to tell them I've started my new pack!!! Then I get my schedule...yay!! Still no sign of AF...but my friend who took Yaz said hers wouldn't come until the first day of the new pack which is interesting. Any of you have that experience?

Allright...time to clean something!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I promise you'll get through the shots! I was terrified at first, but they are not bad at all. The ones in the belly especially -- if you have any extra "padding," you won't even feel them. I ended up giving them all to myself (yup, even the butt shots) because DH was too much of a wuss, lol.

Ashley said...

My hubbie couldn't give me the shots because he didn't want to hurt me. I did them myself and I think it was better because I could monitor my pain level. After the first one its a breeze;) YOU CAN DOOO THIS!!!!! Can't wait for you to get started!!

Kelli said...

I know the shots are intimidating, but before you know it you'll be a pro! It's not as bad as it looks!

We are getting our schedule next Wednesday - so excited! :)

ashley said...

I hope you get to see the sun soon! I'm sure your hubby will step up to the plate and give you those shots effortlessly. You'll be fine. ;)