Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Grow lil follies!!

So I had my appointment...can I just say that my doctor is...well...rude. Obviously he knows I've never done this before, but he just says hello...hands me a sheet and shuts the door. So my question is...do I take ALL my clothes off? Just bottom half? Is this an interal or an external sonogram ETC...plus AF just came three days ago so I obviously took protective measures...what's going on here? I should have done more research I guess because God forbid he tells me anything...so I peek my head out of the door and have a very embarrassing conversation with him in front of the other couples in the waiting room. After he finally clued me in I properly sheeted myself and was ready to go. As he was performing the sonogram he didn't say much, but thankfully the nurse was super nice and explained what was going on. When he was scoping out my left ovary he noticed a dark area and decided I either have a cyst there or maybe endometriosis...which could explain the issues I've been having with getting preggo!! Maybe even the severe cramps (as in I'm curled up on the floor of my classroom (no kids around) hugging a pillow crying and have to go home early) He told me before nothing was wrong and this could most definitely be something wrong! What would have happend if I had just waited like everyone keeps telling me? What if my uterus got all scarred from endometriosis (if that's the problem) and I was 35 and not preggo still? I guess I'm glad I went when I did...but I think that should be standard procedure before you go telling someone that they are "just fine". (btw...thank goodness halloween wasn't too long ago...my brother-in-law got a butt-load of candy and boy do I need chocolate right now!)
That reminds me of another thing...I've definitely gained weight since this whole process began...20lbs...not so pretty...its hard cuz you think, Oh I'll just get pregnant and I'm gonna get fat anyway. I also thought "Oh no...what if I go running and bump the egg right out of me?"...not logical I'm sure...but a concern of mine nonetheless. Plus with all this talk about putting a pillow under your butt and stuff after intercourse to let gravity help you, why on earth would you want to do something that is going to push things down and out? Therefore...I am fat. Not proud of it...but just thought I'd share the reasoning behind it.
Despite the interesting turn of events in my ultrasound, it seems that we are a-ok to proceed with the IUI...so I start clomid on Tuesday and then I grow my lil follies up until the next Tuesday when they will check me out. Grow little follies! Grow!!!

No comments: