TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am soooooooooo nervous right now. We are still waiting on my bloodwork to see if all is a go...but everything looks ready...I have my little targets drawn on my love handles...so DH knows where to put that thing!!!
I was wearing a dress when the nurse drew these circles on so I was standing there in my underwear....she definitely told me I had cute panties...all you nurses out there...don't comment on your patient's panties...please...its a little weird!!! lol!! At least it wasn't a thong! :o)
So I need to hear what you all do to make the trigger more tolerable...ice it...rub it...stick it in like a dart...go in slowly...whatever...
Let me just remind all of you of how LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG that needle is!!
My heart is racing...ugh...say a little prayer for me girls!!!





10 comments:
Yay for triggering! Remind yourself that you only have to do it once- and it's the magical injection that makes it all work. Ice the spot, and do it quickly but smoothly (more like a dart). And get yourself a treat to have once it is over! (And be happy you had your underwear on, my nurse drew the target right after the u/s so she got the whole view of my bum- talk about awkward!)
Yay!!! This is great news. Hopefully you'll get a better trigger time than we did - 1:15AM - YUCK! Later on, I started icing before my POI shots. But didn't do anything for this shot. Just had hubby stick it in. But I did find icing worked nicely. So excited for you!
Hoooo-ray! You'll do great - a little ice always helps, but it will be over before you know it! I'm so excited for you and praying for a BFP very soon!!! xo
I find when my husband does it like a dart, it doesn't hurt. The injection site afterwards is abit tender, I swear I felt mine for like a week!
Goooood Luck! Did they tell you how many eggs they think they'll get?
Everyone told me the trigger shot was horrible. It wasn't. I think it was just as easy as the hormone shots, just a little longer needle. Chad poked it in quickly but slowly released the medicine. It might burn a little once it all gets in there but it's really not bad. I had myself so worked up about it and was pleasantly surprised afterward. I actually had a nurse at my local clinic put mine in for me because I was scared to let my husband do it. He did the second one for me though. Let us know how it goes!
Okay, as a nurse- I never comment on underwear. That is just weird.
Number two- Definately quick like a dart--putting the needle in. Push in the med at a slow even rate (not slam the med it-that hurts more) Then pull the needle out quickly. This is important. Lots of people think that going slow makes it hurt worse...but the opposite is true.
I have had to give two shots before to people that have DEMANDED I go slow b/c it won't hurt as much. I advise against it, but they insisted....so I did.
Needless to say the second one I did it my way and they said that the didnt' even feel the needle. :) I give awesome shots btw. :)
PS Yippppeee for the trigger!!! I am so exciting!
Yipee for triggering! Woo hoo! Yeah, the circle drawing was fun. My RE nurses office didn't have blinds and so it was pretty fun standing in the front of the window facing the parking lot in my underwear!! Lol. Thankfully my nurse was quick with her drawing skills!! :-) Good luck!!!
Hooray for trigger! The shot is not bad at all. I usually stand up in the kitchen with my belly facing the counter. If the injection is going on the right side, I bend my right knee and put all my weight on the left - it makes you less likely to tense the muscle. I can't remember if I ice before hand or not - usually for PIO, but I really don't remember if we did for trigger.
You may be really sore tomorrow - I felt like I got kicked by a horse at the injection site. I also feel really bloated, nauseous and tired the day after so keep your schedule light for tomorrow and of course, the rest of the week. You will do great!!!
YAY!!! I'm so excited!!! I did mine in my stomach...which I think hurts less?? I didn't ice it or anything. I was used to them because I had 4 triggers for my four IUI's. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Post a Comment