Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Um...OWW??!!

Stimming hurts.

I cried like a baby after the first shot. I tried to be really strong...and even just laid there for five minutes after I gave myself the shot...with DH holding my hand....but then I turned to him and said "I think I need to cry a little bit"....and cry I did.

As I cried I thought about how lovely it would be to make love over and over again to make a baby...rather than give myself shots over and over again to make a baby.

Blah blah blah...*sigh*

That stuff just burns...but the past few have been a little better...I just go ridiculously slow. I've been somewhat aware of my ovaries...especially yesterday...random pinches...and then last night DH and I were sitting in bed doing our devotions and my right ovary felt like it was twitching over and over again...perhaps it was just a lower abdominal muscle...but something felt weird down there.

I'm probably thinking too much about all this and making up random feelings down below! Who knows...its what us IF girls do best right? :o)

I nannied for those IVF kids (that sounds weird...) ;o) yesterday and their mom keeps telling them to be nice to me because I'm trying to put a baby in my belly...so they started to tell me some baby names that they thought we should consider...

Benjamin's suggestions for a boy (because he didn't think there was any way it could be a girl...why would I want a girl??) *wink*:

1.Waldo
2. Ernie
3. Gary Michael

I especially like name number one...poor kid wouldn't stand a chance in high school!!! :o)

I'm getting pretty nervous about tomorrow...hoping the stims are doing their job...who knows??!! My silly endometriomas might mess the whole thing up...*sigh*

We shall see. Trying my best to trust in His plan...

7 comments:

ashley said...

My stims never burned.? Hope they get better for you. I think you can put them in other places other than your belly. I did mine in my arm several times, but then my arms would go numb like the whole day from them so my doc said to shoot them in my belly. You can do the butt too I think. Either way, it's something I wish none of us ever had to go through. I promise you, although, I still don't truly know for myself just yet, that it will all be worth it and then some. You're doing great!

ME! said...

I am sorry your shots are hurting! that really sucks! I don't know the specifics on the meds- but as I nurse I know that if you rub the area after you give it, it helps to get it into the muscle better, and not to knot up in one area. Some meds you don't do this with, but I don't know why you could with stims....just check the package insert. Warm water bottles will help too. :)

I like Waldo!!! Not for a real name..but for a nickname!!

WHERE IS YOUR WALDO!??!?!?! ;)

IVF Again! said...

Sorry the stims are hurting. That's not any fun! I'm sure they are doing their job. I'm looking forward to hearing the news!!! :)

Kelli said...

Maybe you will have twin boys and call them Bert and Ernie! Hehe :)
i hope the shots get better and your appt goes well tomorrow...I'm praying for you!!!

Once Upon A Time said...

The stims get better as you get used to them. Are you icing the area first? I'm sure you are doing great. The good news is that you don't have to be on stims as long as Lupron. Are you doing PIO shots later or suppositories? If you don't have to do the PIO shots, think of the stims this way... they some of your last shots towards that beautiful baby!

Ashley said...

Mine never burned either..I"m sorry that you have to deal with that!! Hope it gets better;)

Emily said...

I can't believe you are stimming! Time is flying! I am sorry they are burning though. I found the menopur to sting a tiny bit, but not too bad. Everyone is different though! Hope it gets better soon...