Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thanks guys...I feel like a wuss...

*wink*
So the shots aren't supposed to burn...I'm just a pansy...oh well... :o)

Had my first ultrasound after stimming and my "good" ovary had 10 follicles and my "bad" (endometrioma infested) ovary had 7!!!

Everything was progressing nicely by the looks of it...just have to wait til this evening to see if my doses change at all.

I'm definitely aware of my ovaries...they feel like very small rocks...when I lean forward and stuff. And I feel like AF pains...but I think its just ovary pain...I dunno.

And I have a dull headache that just won't go away...not sure if its stress...or a side effect...who knows. I've definitely been a sneeze away from bursting into tears for the past two days...DH better be careful...not that I'm mad at him over anything..and the faucet's been a little leaky lately...but that's just like the tremors before the big earthquake...you'd better watch out!!

Maybe I just need a nap.

I need to clean though...about three loads of laundry have been sitting on our couch (folded nicely) for 3 days...haven't felt like hauling it upstairs and putting it away. *sigh*

Anyhoo...I guess 17 is my lucky number...I hope...is there a chance more could show up in my Friday ultrasound? And what is the "ideal" measurement for a mature follicle? What number should I be hoping for?

Naptime. Yeah.

6 comments:

ME! said...

YEAH!!! That is awesome! I am excited for you!!! I totally have three loads on clothes on my couch too..clean and folded. I have been called in to work the last two days b/c one of the nurses has the flu (most likely swine, but we are not testing for that any more b/c 4 out of 5 postitive flus were also swine flu...so we just assume it is the piglet flu to)

ANYHOO- I am exhausted. I have to keep the clothes washed (mainly for scrubs, underwear and socks) or I may have to go to work wearing a tee shirt, yoga pants, g-string and toe socks. No one would know but me on the last two...but it would make for a long 8 hours. :)

I dont have any advice for the ovary pains. I haven't made it that far yet. :( Can you take any ibuprofen? I bet that would help!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

The Coach's Wife said...

I just found your blog through another- my husband and I have gone through 3 full IVF's and a FET. This past full IVF we finally found out we were expecting. However, we just had a miscarriage at 5 weeks 3 days.
I have only 1 ovary and I didn't have too many ovary pains- but I know no matter what...it will all be worth it in the end.
I am also a 26 yr. old Kindergarten teacher from Arkansas! I will be following your journey!

Once Upon A Time said...

The Lupron gave a friend of mine headaches after being on it for a while- so maybe that is the issue. And, depending on how your RE measures you could definitely have more the next time you go. The majority should be about 18-20mm at the end. I don't know if that is ideal, but that was my rough guide. The ovary pain just means things are cookin' along, as long as it isn't severe. Hope that helps!

ashley said...

You are not a wuss, we all react to the meds a little differently. I was definitely aware of my ovaries too when I was on them. I was pretty crampy the whole time. Keep it up, you're doing a fantastic job. Just wait to those pregnancy hormones kick in. ;)

Ashley said...

You can do it,...keep repeating that!! ((HUGS))

Emily said...

GREAT monitoring appt! The headache and weepy-ness is all side effects from the meds. Your ovaries will be sore and swollen and you will start to feel crappy. The day after trigger was always the worst for me. You are doing fantastic!