Definitely not your typical candles, rose petals and romance...but hey...it'll get the job done (hopefully!).
You guys weren't kidding...that is a LOT of stuff...I just kept looking at DH like...what have we gotten ourselves into???
Question...I see the needles that I need for the Lupron...but I feel like the Bravelle/Menopur needles were longer (when we went to the class) and I don't see them there. Are they in the boxes? Or do I use those small Lupron needles for them as well? We got to the class late so maybe I missed something.
Guess I should check out that manual they gave me!!! :o)
(Update...I checked the manual and opened a few boxes...I see now the lupron comes with its own needles...and the other nice and short needles are for the Bravelle/Menopur...Hallelujah!!!)
Here is what scares me the most...duh-duh-duh-duuuuhh....
There was this VERY petite asian woman in our injection class and she saw that needle and about passed out. She raised her hand and said "I am small...that needle will go right out the other side of me!!"
It probably would too!
The instructor said they'd measure her and see if they should use a shorter needle for her...though that happens in very rare cases.
Man...me and me big American heinie...boo.





6 comments:
LOL! If it is IM (intramuscular) it will be longer...like 1-1/2 inches. Seems really long, but it will be okay.
I honestly don't know enough about the meds, etc. I need get my Navigating the Land of IF book and look it up.....
P.S. GOOD LUCK!!! I am so excited for you girl!
I love the picture of the hCG needle. Your angle makes the syringe look HUUUUUUGE
Hey honey!! Your stash looks almost exactly like mine except I didn't do Lupron. You do the Bravelle and the Menopur with the small needles. I used 22G 1 1/2 and I could barely feel them!! the Novarel hurts a little more but it's only one time!! I did ALL of my shots in my stomach..Bravelle, Menopur and Novarel. I'm also glad that you are doing endometrian so that you dont have to do PIO injections!! YAY FOR GETTING STARTED!!! I can't wait to follow your cycle;)
This good thing about that long one is that you only have to do it once (and then you get at least one shot free day). :)
Oh my!!!! That's a ton of medicine!!
My retrieval should be around the 27th and tranfer around the 30th!! I'm hoping all these meds and lots of prayer end with a BFP for us both!! xoxo
Hi!
I just wanted to drop by and say thank you for following our story through our blog. I've just been reading yours and I will be praying that your IVF is successful. I know how badly you want to be a Mommy. It took me 7 years but now that I'm a Mom, it was well worth the wait. Yes, miracles do happen and I hope and pray that yours comes soon.
Blessings,
Penny G
Post a Comment