I've been sitting here thinking about our 3 day transfer. I keep wondering...why are we doing a three day in stead of a five day?? I thought the embryos are way better at blast stage...why are we not waiting until then??
So I decided to do some online research...one dr. said that the reason REs do 3 day transfers is because the embryos are not that great and so they often put in several (sometimes meaning 3+) at that time. They didn't mention putting in several for me...but...does this mean my embies don't look so good? Why can't we wait until they're strong?
My RE told me in the beginning that he wants to do a 5dt because that is when they'd usually be in the uterus after their journey down the fallopian tubes...so it'd be all ready to implant. Now that the game plan has changed I'm just feeling...worried...scared...ugh.
What have you girls heard? Guess I can't really argue with someone who does this for a living...but I'm just a little concerned...
ttc-wildride
13 years ago





7 comments:
I've heard of success both ways...so don't let it get you down!! Think postiive...God has a plan for you!! ((HUGS))
I asked my doctor why I'm a 3 day transfer, and they said they've seen better results lately with embryos going back earlier, because mom is a way better incubator. That they tend to thrive in their own enviroment. If for some reason it doesn't work, then next time they try 5 day. I'm sure tomorrow if there was another reason they will tell you. =) I keep finding myself looking for things to stress over!
lots and lots of hugs and prayers your way! good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts!!!
My RE did a 3 day transfer and I did get pregnant. So, I know that you can. I am not sure why they did a 3 day, but they did. Good Luck... Can't wait to see you baby(ies)!!
My last pregnancy was from a 3 day transfer of 2 embies. Tomorrow you will be carrying your little ones! Yay!!
I have heard lots of different things, but the thing that stands out in my head is that the mother's body as a medium is better for the embabies. Try not worry about it too much sweetie- it is going to happen!!
Word verification:unites
LOL!!
It is totally understandable that you are worried about it, especially since you were thinking a 5dt all along. Make sure you ask why when you are there and I bet it will make you feel better. There are pros and cons to both 3 and 5 day transfers- but ultimately, the best place for your little embies is in YOU not a petri dish. Hang in there, things will be ok.
Post a Comment