Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pretty in pink!


The ER is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't too horribly nervous...I felt ok...just ready to go!!! The nurse outfit went over well...I know I'm a little crazy with the pictures but that's a negative on posting that one LOL.


We were supposed to be there at 11:15 but arrived at 10:45 and they took us right back to our recovery room, took DH's specimen and had me get in my lovely pink gown. They took my vitals and then the anesthesiologist came in and put my IV in...I was glad because I was really thirsty and felt really dehydrated. He had to poke me twice in the back of the hand and once on the inside of my wrist before he got a good vein...blah.


So I downed half of that fluid bag before it was my turn...we were listening to all the other girls come out...nobody said anything silly (boo!!) and I got to hear how many eggs they pulled out of each of them. The first girl had two and the second had five. I was freaking out then...I was like OH NO...what if I only have two???!!!! The poor girl was bummed and kept saying "All they need is one right?" I wanted to run over there and say "Yes!! Just one...its gonna be okay!!"


Finally it was my turn. I sat on the edge of the bed with the stirrups while they put my sleepy medicine in...then put my legs in the stirrups...I looked at the nurse and said "I'm starting to feel a little woozy" and that's the last thing I remember!!!! I hope I didn't fall backwards onto the bed because I was still sitting up last I remember!


Then I woke up and they said my DH was coming...I was completely alert and felt fine!! DH told me a phrase to tell him when I got out of the ER...to see if I had any amnesia (they said I could have some) so as he was walking up I yelled out the phrase to him "We're going to Bass Pro to look at the Sika deer!!!" (random sorry...my hubby is a hunter and this is what he came up with) :o)


Okay so I've been trying to keep you all in suspense about how many they pulled out....are you ready????????????????????????????????????????????????????????



NINETEEN EGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!





I guess two follicles were over hiding somewhere! So our first fertilization report will come between 12 and 3pm tomorrow...hope we have some good ones!!
I've already had a sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup...feelin' good...not too crampy...just excited to hear what the report is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for all your prayers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

ashley said...

Oh my!!!!! 19 eggs!!!! Great job growing those eggs sister!! That's awesome.

Just Believing said...

Holy moly! Go ovaries!!! 19!!! So awesome! You go girl!! Now rest up relax and get ready for transfer day!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa 19!!!! Hip Hip Hooray! That's incredible! Now just can't wait to hear the great fertilization report. You have a much bigger "margin of error" than me since I only produced 6. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

19 eggs!!! Thats so great for you! I hope everything goes well with the transfer! I'll be thinking about you! GOOD LUCK!!!

Once Upon A Time said...

Congrats on a successful ER! You got past the hardest part. 19 is awesome. Rest up!

ME! said...

Way to go ovaries!!! w00t!!! That is aweosme girl!!!! I hope you are feeling good. I am glad you posted today- I kept looking at my google reader to see if you had posted.

I am currently calling for home owners quotes, printing out all our finacial info etc. You are so sweet- you posted a comment of "buying a house is so much fun" and a few minutes later another of my friends wrote "buying a house is such a headache!" :) Too funny. I am a little stressed. I don't want to get to excited in case it doesn't happen... that has happened to me twice before (one we decided was too old to risk it, and one was too far from the hospital and they wouldn't come down on the price)

OMG!! I can't wait to hear about the fertilization!! Yay!!

ME! said...

PS Where was Epsy?

Ashley said...

That is such wonderful news!!! I'm so excited for ya'll!! I'll be waiting and praying for a wonderful report tomorrow!! ((HUGS))

Brit♥Ann said...

wow! aren't you a little momma hen hiding all those eggs! =]]]]]

Emily said...

Wahoooooo!!!! Great number! Can't wait for the fert report. Hope it was a good exp. today :)