Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

PHEW!!!!!!!!



Check that one off the list!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I say I got no sleep before the trigger because of adrenaline and no sleep after because of the adrenaline...I'm so tired right now!!! (p.s. I only had bar.bie and nas.car bandaids at my house...I nanny so I bought fun ones...DH picked this one out...lol)

We got up when my alarm went off at 12:25 and I ran downstairs to ice my heinie. We didn't have any frozen peas or corn so I ended up grabbing some frozen rockfish that hubby caught earlier this summer. That was WAY too cold...so I ended up just putting it on five minutes before.
I told DH that I didn't want to look at the needle...he needed to just prepare it and get it in!! I was too nervous!!
He got it all ready and seriously was just finishing loading the syringe when I announced "IT'S 12:45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I laid on my stomach on the couch (with a blanket under me in case I was a bleeder) and pulled my right knee up...trying to relax my muscles as much as I could.
My heart was pounding so hard...I grabbed Espie and squeezed him SOOOO tight...
DH was like "Are you ready??"
and I said "The alcohol swab!!! Disinfect me!!!"
He did so quickly and I felt so numb back there I said "Do it quick!!!"
I felt the slightest prick...like he had wussed out on me and just poked my skin the smallest bit before pulling back. I was like...you've gotta be kidding me...get it in there honey...but I didn't say anything....
Then he said "I'm putting the medicine in now...."
And I was like "The needle is in??????????????????? I FEEL NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BABY GO!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
So that's my story. Just the slightest prick...that was the EASIEST, most PAIN FREE shot I've done in this entire process. Wow.
I bled just a little bit...so he cleaned me up and got me that nifty bandaid...after I put the heating pad on I felt a little tenderness when I pushed down on it but other than that I'm feeling good!!!
Now I'm just worried every time I pee that all those eggs are going to drop right out of me!!! Stay in there guys!!! Tomorrow's your debut!!!! :o)
Thanks again for all your encouragement and guidance ladies!!!
Today's plan: Acupuncture 9:00 am
Lounge around for the rest of the day. Nice.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrific that everything went perfectly. Way to go hubby!!!! Let me know how acupuncture goes - I've never tried it.

Kelli said...

You rock!! Way to go, babe! Enjoy your relaxing day!

ashley said...

See, you made it through with flying colors!!! So proud!

Once Upon A Time said...

You did it! Way to go! Do you have to take PIO injections? If not- that WAS YOUR LAST SHOT. How does that make you feel???

BabyMakingJourney said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!! You did it! I am glad that your sweetie did a good job. I am crackin' up about the rockfish. LOL!!! Hopefully there will be no more rockfish arse again. :)

I love the bandaid!!!!

PS I woke up last night at 130pm with horrid leg cramps...and I thought about you. :) Not b/c of the leg cramps, but I wanted to know how the shot went.

Emily said...

Sounds like it could not have gone any better! I will be thinking of you tomorrow! Good luck!!!

P.S. - don't be too surprised if the staff in rockville is less than warm and fuzzy. we found them to be cold as ice - efficient, but no personal touch. this is a common complaint from other ladies too. dr. m and jackie aren't there so it is a sea of strangers. unless you are lucky enough that it is his day on out there.

Ashley said...

WHOOOHOOO!! It's almost time! I can't wait to hear that wonderful count;)

devon said...

AGH!!! Way to go! :)

Emily said...

No problem! I hope everyone is pleasant as punch. Can't wait to hear about how it goes. My prediction? 16 eggs :)

Kelly said...

Good luck tomorrow!!