Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

24 hours bedrest...CHECK!!!

Finally off bedrest...seriously I can't handle "taking it easy" anymore!! I like to be up doing things and this "rest time" is KILLING me!!!!! I just want to be moving around and acting normal so I don't go crazy!

Lets see..."pregnancy symptoms" that wish I could have saved for actual pregnancy but have been experiencing since starting the suppositories:

1. Breast tenderness (can't even pull on a shirt...OUCH!!)

2. Ugh feeling in the morning...almost nausea..not quite.
3. Cramping, twinges down below.

So pretty much I'm going to try my best to ignore my body because it has been telling me I am pregnant for almost a week now!!! :o) I guess that's a good thing...that way I won't be freaking out over little things.

Yesterday went great. I drank so much water yesterday...three water bottles in three hours...so on the hour drive there we were about fifteen minutes out and I looked at DH and said..."YOU GOTTA STOP!! I HAVE TO PEE!!" So we took a detour at a Toys R Us (it was weird passing all the kids stuff...hearing "MOMMY" shouted several times in the store) and then ended up in traffic because of two fender benders and made it to the appointment about ten minutes late! WHOOPS!!! There was only one other couple in the waiting room so we didn't have to wait too long.
BUT I HAD TO PEE BAD AGAIN!!!!!!

I kept shaking my leg...but seriously we waited maybe ten minutes and then they called us back, had us put on our little footies and show our IDs. Then we went back to this little dark room and I hiked up my dress and tried to wait patiently for the Dr. to come in. Another almost ten minutes rolled by and I was about to CRY I had to go to the bathroom so bad. DH went out to the nurse to ask if I could just try to empty a little and she said they were on the way in.

The Dr. came in and I told her I had to go bad, and asked if anyone had ever gone in her face before. She did not smile at that question...rather got very serious and said "Yes it has. Please warn us if its about to happen." Yikes.

They stuck the little jaws of life in with little difficulty (its hard to relax there and strain to control your restroom area...but I did it!) and got the catheter in with minimal trouble. Then the embryologist came in and asked how many babies I was taking home with me today...and I announced TWO!!! She went into the lab to grab my babies and we watched on the screen as they scooted into my uterus!! Little Pooh Bear and Piglet!

I laid there for five minutes and then ran to the bathroom!!! As I was washing my hands I looked in the mirror and thought...your babies are in you right now...WOW. As we were driving home I kept thinking...there are FOUR of us in the car right now!!! I had such a peaceful feeling...just so happy. My acupuncture appointment was an hour long but it felt shorter...I was just so relaxed and peaceful. Then I came home and parked on the couch, watched a movie, slept, woke up in the morning and watched obscene amounts of "Birth Day" and "A Baby Story" while eating an equally obscene amount of Nilla wafers. (Don't worry! That's not all I'm eating! In the past four days I've consumed nearly half of a pineapple...and I had eggs, bacon and strawberries for breakfast (good 'ol DH!)).

Anyhoo...it looks like you girls have been BUSY while I was lounging around...so I've got some major reading and commenting to do!!!!!!!!!!! I'll leave you with some pics of our wonderful day!

Yes we brought Espie this time!!!


Poor DH! He looks so tired in this pic...he's only had three hours of sleep (he works nights!)


"Good Luck" flowers from DH...he bought them on Saturday morning...the ORIGINAL transfer day! By the actual transfer three of the flowers had bloomed..hope that's not a sign!! *wink*

8 comments:

ME! said...

I am glad to hear your story, and happy that Espie went with you this time. I was wondering about your DH though- could tell that he was not his cheerful self...thought maybe it was b/c you were takinga picture with Espie though. :) Very pretty flowers. Good luck sweetie!!

Anonymous said...

I am so, so, so, so, so happy to hear that everything went well. They actually made me empty some of bladder saying it was too full. Painful!

Take good care of yourself. And really try not to pay too much attention to all of the twinges and tweaks (I know, easier said than done). I remember that my nurse told me that the symptoms of being pregnant and the symptoms of AF about to start are pretty much the same (for me, it was cramps and twinges). I'm praying hard for you guys!

PS Love the pics :)

Anonymous said...

I know that you are glad tohave your bedrest behind you! Good luck, can't wait to to hear your news. Hoping and praying for your BFP!!!

Just Believing said...

Woo-hoo!!! 4 of you in the car home is soooo exciting!!!!

Praying for you and P.S. I thought the pee in your face comment was funny.

For a ultra sound I had my bladder was so full , they were running late and yet when I asked if I could get some out , they essentially told me to deal with it....!

Once Upon A Time said...

Sounds like it went well... I guess since you didn't mention it, your doc was spared the pee in the face. :) Also- be glad you only had 24 hours of bedrest. I was supposed to do 3 DAYS. I did go crazy (and cheated a little the third day because my hubby was at work). I also wanted to mention that you said on a previous post that they should have massages before the transfer... my RE's clinic did. It was in the same room as the transfer and it was AWESOME. Anyway, I can't wait to hear about your good news asap!

Flying Monkeys said...

The full bladder thing is a killer! FX for you! (I was directed here by another blogger.:))

VA Blondie said...

Glad your retrieval went well! Wishing you a quick wait until beta, and hoping for a good result for you.

With my transfer, my RE wanted my bladder partially full, so I had to keep partially emptying my bladder. And they had to replace the catheter after each time I got up. It was really annoying. So not fun. I think your retrieval went better.

Kelli said...

I hope all four of you are doing great!! xoxo